Post Match Thread - United (h)

2-1 flattered us.

Everyone in the world knew United would be dangerous on the break. Pep either underestimated the threat, or just didn’t give a shit about it.

We seemingly did absolutely nothing tactically to deal with it, and so left Angelino to get humiliated 1v1 against James time and again.

I feel a bit sorry for him, he seems like a nice lad doing his best. But everything we’ve seen of him so far makes it look like he’s nowhere near good enough at this level, so to hang him out to dry like that was just cruel.

Perspective ,the Sky is not exactly falling in.(yet :-))

We were shit,really shit,no denying that.

I am taking the positives

Obviously we are a side in transition.Major rebuild needed in all positions

If Pep thought he was dinning out on our success next season,he isn't. This season has become his "Free Pass"

Meaning next Season has took on extra significance.I highly doubt our owners will want to go in to next season giving Pep hundreds of millions,with Pep going just 12 months later.

I for one am happy about this.We need a major squad overhaul and a Manager commitment.

It will be all sorted the end of this season rather than the end of next.

completely agree
However the penalty (and it was a penalty and a poor tackle by B.Silva) stared when walker drove forward and gave a good pass into our froward (Im pretty sure it was Jesus) who miscontorled it and the move broke down iwth Walker way over half way intot heir own half....the ball was then payed into the space he had vacated and the rest is history - not walkers fault but Gabriel Jesus;s fault for losing the ball

I said the exact same thing in the pub. It starts with Jesus having a proper trampoline touch. Easy ball to make stick as well.

Apart from the defending, the passing and the shooting we did well.
Half that team need replacing.
Stones just isn't playing football - totally shot. I take it he went off with piles?
He wanted to come off, didn't seem too much wrong with him. We're a team full of lightweights apart from Rodri.

2-1 flattered us.

Everyone in the world knew United would be dangerous on the break. Pep either underestimated the threat, or just didn’t give a shit about it.

We seemingly did absolutely nothing tactically to deal with it, and so left Angelino to get humiliated 1v1 against James time and again.

I feel a bit sorry for him, he seems like a nice lad doing his best. But everything we’ve seen of him so far makes it look like he’s nowhere near good enough at this level, so to hang him out to dry like that was just cruel.
Couldn't give a shit is the correct answer i suspect.Arrogance bordering on delusion at times this Season.

Rodri isnt as good a DM as Fern and with a crap dedence we need 2 in there till the opposition tire
I completely agree, the formation needs to change to 3 5 2 to stop this bullshit counter that just keeps opening us up. when Laporte is back and our injuries clear up a bit possibly look at going back our normal formation.

I honestly think this is the team we need going forward

stones....fern..... otta
walker .......rodri........mendi
kev.....berni
sterling......Jesus​
that would at least protect the defense a bit and if we are controlling the game fern can get forward a bit like he used to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.