Post Match Thread - United (h)

Midfield is far too slow.

We can’t press up front because if they break through the press they have open season on our slow midfield. So we’re hanging back up front and everything is just apprehensive and unsure.

Rodri had a great game the other night but today again his lack of pace caused yet another goal (their second). I reckon I’m faster and can turn quicker than him.

David Silva was involved in a lot of play but as soon as any team breaks he can’t keep up.

I don’t even care if we have to play García at the back now Stones is injured again, but PLEASE get Fernandinho back in midfield and get Foden in this team! IT IS TIME!

Bissaka had Sterling on toast. Sterling hasn’t got the skill to get round good defenders. Jesus ran a lot but didn’t do a lot. Bernardo was okay. de Bruyne was everywhere... but the lot of them have been putting in disgraceful efforts at crosses all season. Dinked cross after dinked cross after dinked cross after dinked cross. It’s tiresome to watch!
Agree with a lot there fella - except the Sterling bit - thought he had the guy on numerous occasions.

PEP If we do things wrong we will improve. But we cannot deny their quality. We will try to learn for the future.

PEP The norm isn't winning all the leagues - sometimes you lose. The important thing is to not give up. In all the games we have played this season, we have played how I want us to play.

I'm normally one of the optimists thinking we can win every game in the last 10 minutes or pull back any deficit in points. I still think we are the best team in he League and Pep is the best manager. But this tittle is gone now... Liverpool ain't blowing this.

I hate to say but, but it's time for Pep to show a bit of Bacon Faceness and cut the dross.and refresh the team. If he can do that and bring us back for the tittle next season he will cement his place as a management god. It's the one things he hasn't done so.far in his careers
I think he Can do it and he will want to go out in style so that’s positive

Sure it’s been said. Was lamented by more than a few today watching, shouting at Bernardo and walker to run ahead. On the pitch itself, we have no width, we have no depth. We couldn’t stretch a rubberband. We are so easy to defend.

For Pep to say that he doesn't know what is needed was a foolish thing to say. Our defense has been needing help since the beginning of last season. It's no secret to anyone but Pep.
He's won the cups with players that signed with the team before he came aboard. These players are getting older and there doesn't seem to be much "development" going on.
Pep desperately needs to hire a defensive coach. Defense is his weakness and knowing that, he should hire a great defensive coach and all will fall in line again.
Do you really think the most successful manager in the modern era dosn't know what needs doing? he is not given the media anything that is all

Felt like a carbon copy of the wolves game.

Back 4 seemed so exposed. We just aren’t learning it seems.

It's to be expected when the back is that weak and we are short of options elsewhere on the pitch. Wasn't a massive achievement for a full-strength rag side when it's that easy. Maybe he'll give Eric Garcia a jog out and rest El Mago for Foden a bit more than planned. No way he'll keep the same tactics if we look like falling out of the CL places.

I have to disagree. He has been effective because of being moved to LW. He can have shots at goal like that. In terms of attack we desperately miss Sane and his pace. He would have skinned AWB multiple times today.
Sterling skinned him many times today, but he always has to check back as he’s not as strong on his left. Get him right, then he can play dangerous early balls in. Not once did he cut inside and shoot today. In fact he doesn’t do it as often as we think. A couple of great strikes have blinded us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.