Post Match Thread - United (h)

Of course he is not the player he was but marvin has been chucking him under the bus all season,it's not always his fault,he played well 3 days ago,he needs managing better,he is still our most creative controlling player,keeps trying and never hides
Although he’s had a hammering on here tonight, Merlin was about the only one displaying vision and exercising brain cells. The fact it didn’t pay off doesn’t alter that. Having said that he’s had two exhausting 90-minute games on the bounce and we shouldn’t be relying on him so heavily.

Foden didn’t even get his customary three-minute cameo. If anyone would be fired up for a derby it would surely be him. Good job he’s young, blue and malleable or he’d be on his bike.

Pep doesn’t get Manc derbies. From the time he threw that League Cup one.

Agreed, it may have put that extra bit of pressure on the players. Plenty of fight as usual but the rags matched this and caused us to be nervous.

Imho they are so far ahead of us, I don’t think their win earlier in the afternoon will have affected our players one iota

I texted my lad that two pens had gone begging! He said the first one hit the Rag's chest, and the second wasn't handball, but the third just on halftime? He's still laughing, particularly at the accompanying explanation as to why it wasn't a pen!
I was fed up with the game after Liverpool. Spoke to a lot of football fans since and there is no doubt in there mind, the game is being fixed so that Liverpool can steal the title from City. After the Fred handball, it was the final blow but in a good way. I've been a fan since I was a young boy and never been more proud to be a City fan. This stinks and there will be a price to pay. The game of football has lost its integrity but there was one team who tried to make their own way in it and that was the team I support. I'll leave you with this from football is fixed:

#ManCity do currently stand out... ... for playing the most beautiful football in this rotting cesspit of corruption. Celebrate this beauty while it lasts. Because the mafia will win in the end and all we'll be left with is betting markets and favourites getting turned over.

Fook me I feel ill.

forgot what this feeling was like.

gutted.com

Agreed - where was our midfield in a defensive sense?

Fern is very good at providing the protection, however he is 34 and is very good thanks to his experience. Rodri is still young and I guess it would be harsh of me to expect him to be on ferns level. Today was not good at all and the ease at which we were exposed was very worrying. Going to be a long second half of the season.

No ,he was just pissed that we sent a letter complaining about him. Probably not the smartest decision in hindsight. He probably thought fuck you, you'll regret that.
Aye, you're probably right but this kind of revenge is unprecedented and dangerous. The integrity of English football is in question.

Although he’s had a hammering on here tonight, Merlin was about the only one displaying vision and exercising brain cells. The fact it didn’t pay off doesn’t alter that. Having said that he’s had two exhausting 90-minute games on the bounce and we shouldn’t be relying on him so heavily.

Foden didn’t even get his customary three-minute cameo. If anyone would be fired up for a derby it would surely be him. Good job he’s young, blue and malleable or he’d be on his bike.

Pep doesn’t get Manc derbies. From the time he threw that League Cup one.

Two exhausting games? Burnley were shitter than shit. They had no drive, desire or determination whatsoever. No surprise at all they got turned over 5-0 today, so I don’t think that match will have shattered Merlin too much.

He did keep trying today, and was always active, as we’re KDB and Raz, but the problem was that none of them are miracle workers and generally had two or three of their players to get past on every attack, as
most of ours have such a pedestrian build up.

Agree we needed more Foden though. Angelino was so awful I’d rather have seen Foden at LB - he certainly is the best left footed crosser of the ball we’ve got.

There is no denying we have dropped our standards alarmingly this season, and some players are just way below their best.

Any team who can defend and has fast forwards have always got a chance against our pedantic defence, today was a carbon copy of the Wolves game.

We have to buy a quick central defender in January or we will carry on with these types of games.

Anybody thinking we can win the Champion League needs to give their heads a wobble.
We also need expert defensive coaching. When you’re off form and suffering injuries, pedestrian-paced possession football isn’t a substitute for intelligent defending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.