Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve spent over £160m on 4 full backs in the current squad and only 1 on them can defend

I think he did alright to be honest, obviously limited but he's asked to do a lot. There's a lot of praise for Wan Bissaka but hedidn't cross the halfway line, defended deep with lots of help around him and he's given one job. Our full backs would look better in that situation.

What he has to improve at is blocking shots, disgraceful attempts tonight.

People confuse being shit with defending and a much faster player than you running in behind.

He's positioned extremely high up because Pep tells him to, he and everyone else in the team knows he isn't covering Dan James if that ball goes over the top, just like in the Shakhtar game.

If Pep told Angelino to just stop Dan James, he'd position himself much deeper and he'd be fine. But that wouldn't help us in the build up, he wouldn't be overlapping, and it wouldn't let us compress the pitch by playing a high line.

Genuine best wishes to him. I think he can have a long and productive career with a Championship club, with some fortune maybe even a team that could get promoted.

Genuine best wishes to him. I think he can have a long and productive career with a Championship club, with some fortune maybe even a team that could get promoted.

He could have been at PSG if we hadn't exercised our buy back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.