Post Match Thread - United (h)

One stonewall pen,given in loads of other games,could have changed the game,oliver on var

It wasnt a penalty - Im presuming aboutt he one where it hit the defenders hand as he went to ground and the corss hit his arm which was trailing behind him...which is a completely natural position for it to be in..therefore no penalty and thats what the VAR refs would have judged....and rightly so

I thin there was another one where it hit a players own leg and tehn an arm - i think that is even in the rules that for a defender that aint a penalty

And the thrid one his arm was firmly tucked into his botdy and the defender turned away as well.....defintely not a penalty.

People will hate this as it robs people of excuses as to why we lost..

The real reason we lost is their tactics as simple as they are directly attacked our prime weakness...other teams do this to varying success and we have conceeded goals like this before.....

Utd's set up today was similar to Liverpools...

back four with two holding hard working midielders....Mctomminay and Fred = Wijnaldum and henderson or keita
fast paced front three - Liverpools Sane Salah and Firmno = Rashford, james and Martial

It means all teams have to do is sit in and tehn break..now utd's fron 3 aint anywhere near as skilled as liverpools but they dont need to be...the chances we give up are really high rated/very good chances...space, time to run at defenders one to one, time to shoot. We have had numerous goals scored against us like this.

teams sit deep, wait for a turnover,missplaced pass (usually by one fo our two terrible left backs) missed control by a player (like their first goal today) and break its then 3 on 3 or 2 on2 as our centre halves/fullbacks push so high (walker today on their first goal)

Thats what needs to be rectifed....I have every faith that Pep will but at present i dont hink he has the players he needs to do this due to injuries (Laporte and Kun) and Kompany leaving plus the loss of form of David Silva, KDB and two shit left backs! Zinchenko aint a defender but he retains possession better than the other two which means he has less defending to do.

It wont be the last time we see this issue before the return of Laprote which then enables Pep to be more varied with his midfield plus having someone to look after the left backs better....I think Ferna is tryign to do two jobs at some pointsas he spent a lot of time today in midfield

You're clutching at straws I'm afraid. We were outplayed today. The first half they cut us to ribbons. Please watch it back.

It really isn't clutching. The penalty they got was one that Everton didn't get the other night. We also should've had a pen.

angelino makes mendy look like vinnie. it was no game for him, zinchenko was in training mid week, i would of started him. even if he isnt 100% fit. he is our best option at left back. and as for a derby - you need the anger and passion, for me foden would of been the key and the boost to mentality. the squad knows its over and are just focusing on the Champions League.

The game was like the season so far Shambolic the players don't look interested and I hate to say its getting boring to watch

I’m sorry but that is plain wrong the players did care, the effort was fine but when 3 of your back 4 is rubbish and your best midfielder for a derby game is playing a role he isn’t used to the worst thing you can do is let yourself get battered on the counter. I love pep but he was shit today. A manager with an ideology who refuses to adjust to the situation he is forced into to.

We either have to invest heavily or think about letting a stubborn but brilliant guy go. We got beat by a shit team and not for the first time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.