Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it for me. He will know he’s not been at the races this season.. he also knows injuries have fucked us but most importantly he knows the spine from the best squad (domestically speaking) this past decade is finished and needs rebuilding.

He also needs to probably tweak his approach as the low block and counter as this is becoming a feature of our demise.

He is certainly at a cross roads... He looks a bit dejected and stressed but this could be as he’s In two minds.. he’s a winner and I think he likes us / the club and feels comfortable in in his employment but ultimately is aware it’s either leave or stay for 5 odd years and rebuild.. which is something he’s not really done before.

The only thing that would take the decision away from him is if he won the CL this season despite being so poor domestically. I believe that would be his ‘out’ and a fantastic send of for the older statesmen of our golden generation...

stranger things have happened.

I think you've nailed it with this post. Couldn't agree more.

His stubbornness is the most frustrating thing about him. That game was crying out for changes early on today and he never makes them. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result..

I do hope the club has a succession plan that does not set us back years. I don't want any manager, even the best in the world, leading us down a merry path for 18 months.......James Milner did that......

I’m absolutely convinced he’ll be off after this season. Ok We’ve been very been unlucky with injuries and Kompany’s surprise departure ,but clearly there isn’t there the the same level of passion as last season Not that we are playing badly but better teams have worked us out and failure to strengthen the defence perhaps reflects Pep’s arrogance.That said, I don’t think Pep ever wanted a long term project and suspect he wanted just once last shot at the Champions League for City’s legacy. (and of course his CV)

He needs to change it up a bit, these constant aimless chips into the box are getting tiresome. Miss the days we had 2 proper wingers hugging the touchline, we are far too predictable now. We need a proper leader because when we are up against it we just fold at the moment.

As a matter of pride if I were Pep I would want to rebuild City.

That is the only crumb of comfort I take from today. Pep needs to speed up the process of change and perhaps commit himself to man city for more than the 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.