#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should of been given a decent amount of time particularly today a local lad and City fan playing @gainst them would have spurned him on even more

The situation with Foden and to a lesser extent THB and Garcia has been slowly riling me for some time now but today its come to a head.

In a manchester derby, not starting Foden might - just - be excusable but to watch that first half and still not bring him on I'm afraid smacks of arrogance and stubbornness and those are qualities that no big club would tolerate in a manager. Even after 60 minutes he would at the very least have provided a spark and a much needed burst of energy and effort. A manchester born blue, who has come through the ranks would have been an option today and may well have rescued an otherwise undeserved point.

If Phil were to be transferred to united or Liverpool he would I'm sure become a world superstar in two seasons. At City the poor kid is looking destined to stagnate and waste his chance at a top flight career. What on earth does he have to do to be given a fair chance?

To mangle a phrase from sam allardyce if our Phil was called Filipe Fodinho and came with a 50m price tag Pep would probably play him every week.

It's fast becoming time for City to decide if they want to be a sustainable big club who does things the right way. Or not. If not, we may as well downgrade the academy, stop going on about the world class facilities on offer and admit that we are star struck with our manager, and are only interested in paying top dollar for ready made superstars, regardless of their ability.

If Peps legacy ends up being one of, Played some amazing football for 2 seasons, won every domestic trophy at least once, record points total etc but systematically refused to develop our youth into first teamers then for me at least it would be a case of "its been brilliant fun, you will always be remembered fondly, but it is time for you to move on as the long term health of the club is more important and it is, sadly, time for us to part ways. We wont disrespect you by sacking you - you dont deserve that - but we will not be renewing your contract and indeed wouldnt stand in your way if you decided you wanted to take a year off"

As for Phil, I never thought I would say this, but for hs own sake and his own chances of a career at the top level of football he should be thinking of asking for a transfer. I just hope he wouldnt go to united. He would rip the league up playing in a system that wanted and nurtured him.

He is too good, too decent an individual, has too much potential to be treated like shit by this or any other manager. Something has to change.

Been pissed off for a while that he's not playing. Don't mind him not playing today. Wouldn't have made the difference and it saves him from playing in the most embarrassing derby for years.

There is currently nothing exciting about us on the pitch when it really matters. Give him the chances you've been giving underperforming seniors and he'll be a regular in time for the return game. Or we could settle for what isn't working.

Just go Phil and be a star elsewhere. You’ve got no hope here. It’s a shambles now.

It’s a fuckin disgrace he’s not in that side,that lad lives and breathe’s city,come on pep stop being a stubborn bastard ffs,it’s behond the joke now.

Last edited:
I think pep is quite sentimental with David’s last season. I think he gave his word to gundo for playing time to stay. He’s boxed himself in, and I think he wrote the league off a while ago. Moreover, I think Klopp winning CL with Liverpool has done a number on pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.