Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been occasions this season where I think he’s perhaps got things wrong (particularly the wank, lopsided 4-2-3-1 we’ve played at times). But the only tactical issue today was that three of the four defenders failed to do the absolute fucking basics. You cannot play the way Pep wants us to without defenders who are aggressive, committed, and prepared to play as high up the pitch as possible.

He will rather play Rodri at CB than playing Garcia and he will continue playing Gundogan and David Silva instead of Foden.
No we are not seeing youngsters play regularly no matter what

Get the cheque book out pep
We need to spend at least 200m just to close the gap on the scouse ,
and anyone here who thinks Foden is a long term successor to D silva , get your head checked out.

Whatever he's doing is NOT working. Today was an embarrassment. Total mayhem.

We seem to be no closer to finding the balance in the team this season. Teams changed their set up against us towards the end of last season
As it became apparent that if you press City you generally lose as eventually we break through and we then kill you. Pep saw this and set about
Change.
Looking at the players we currently have , it was decided that we would play out this season with a basic of 5 attackers and 5 defenders .
3 out and out attackers with David Silva in the hole behind.You can clearly see this from where I sit , numerous times in fact , when the opposition
Win the good ball back and counter attack our 4 and sometimes 5 attackers are out of the game completely. This is where I see a good comparison with
The last season under Pelligrini, our players just ambling back towards our goal as if they been excused of any defensive duties whatsoever.

Now then , let’s address the elephant in the room , David Silva.
Our greatest ever player in his final season has been given the captains armband and more importantly, we have set up the whole system around him.
He is neither a midfielder or an attacker , he has a free role to float around, find pockets of space , open up defences and wreak havoc.
Even his greatest admirers must see surely that he is , at best, struggling to make an impact and you maybe of the opinion that this may have been just
One season too far.
We have altered our whole team to accommodate 1 player . Not only that , we have no other alternative in that role.
Madness in my opinion and it is clearly not working Mr Guardiola.

Experiment over for me. Extra midfielder from now on and let’s see how we go.

We have a very big problem, in that we have now finally been sussed out. At the moment only a handful of teams can play in the way that exposes our glaring weakness

The rest of the league will defend and congest the pitch in their half to try and stop us

We have a very big problem, in that we have now finally been sussed out. At the moment only a handful of teams can play in the way that exposes our glaring weakness

The rest of the league will defend and congest the pitch in their half to try and stop us
Spot on mate. Peps tactics are pretty basic - play out from the back and stop the other team scoring / try to score more than them. I'm surprised no one picked up on this earlier tbh as it's not even that innovative in football terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.