Post Match Thread - United (h)

Time to prioritise building for the future. Get some youngsters in. We are getting overrun at the back time and time again. Stones should be playing in the league cup. Angelino looks out of his depth. Otamendi is solid but leaving in the summer in all likelihood.

Garcia and Fernandinho should be played at CB. Laporte should come in with Garcia when fit. Rodri needs to keep playing to adapt to the league. Foden should start more games. We need the squad to be ready for next season or it will be another season of transition. The league is gone, bring new players through now. Save key players for the CL. We probably will not win it, with the way we are playing, but we can fully focus on it. We need reinforcements in January.

Sterling was particularly guilty of this yesterday. Hardly have any help to Angelino at all.
Raz has been off the pace in games for a while now, rarely see him sprinting at full speed anymore and he hasn't got the close control or skill to go past defenders regularly. There was a gaping hole on the left hand side yesterday and as bad as Angelino was he was often 1 on 1 with James with no help from Sterling

The league was over the moment Laporte injured his knee, not to bring at least one CB over the summer was a decision that was ludicrous to say the least.

Stones is an appealing defender and in my opinion is a liability to the club who needs binning at the earliest opportunity. Oto was happy to leave for regular football and should have been given his wish. Kompany was finished regardless of moving back to Belgium late in the summer.

I would also add that whoever thought Angelino was good enough for not only MCFC but the Premier League needs to find a new job.

Assuming you mean appalling rather than appealing I couldn't agree more

Let's call it as we can all clearly see it. The United pen was a clear pen. The Lindelof hand ball wasn't hand ball even though he handled it twice. The Fred and Shaw handballs were blatant (and successful) attempts to stop goal scoring opportunities and therefore stonewall pens.VAR are using this natural position rubbish to screw us over. It seems like many of our own fans are falling for it or simply don't understand the subtleties of the game.
You are right of course. But after an embarrassing defeat many on here like to self-flagellate. Only after a win to we focus on piss poor officiating.

Personally I didn’t agree with any of the subs, including the Stones/Nico one too, as at 2-0 down I think it was crying out for something different - I’d have replaced Stones with Cancelo and moved Kyle inside.

When he brought Mahrez on I’d have hooked Dave and moved Bernie inside.

I’d have switched Raz to the right to have a go at fatty Shaw.

Then as you say, surely with 10 to go you bring on Phil rather than Gundo.

all very bizarre.
How was otto sub bizarre he scored and showed more passion in 10 mins than the rest of his team did the whole game

Lacking pace all over the pitch, too slow in possession and lack of effort and desire to track back when they lose possession.

If you consider the last two games at The Etihad - CFC and The Ragamuffins - the pace the opposition shift the ball - we operate at walking pace. It doesn't inflict any harm on the opposition, it doesn't induce any panic that leads to defensive mistakes, and it allows teams all the time they need to organise and reorganise, even shitty teams like yesterday. We have to have players on top of their game playing that slow, drawn out, possession-based game, and too often they aren't! Last season, everyone was on the mark, but then last season we had Vinny's voice on and off the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.