Post Match Thread - United (h)

72% possession 22 attempts on goal . A game dominated by City but not enough goals of course but just take stock - all those blocks and the odd good save by de Gea -one or two of those goes in its a different picture. I am disappointed but the team we are watching is still brilliant . Yes we need more pace at the back. Yes we need a variation to breakdown these dogged eleven men behind the ball boring bastards but this team is still the best in the league and has the best coach in the world. Those goals will come , the players will come back from injury and the options will be there - season’s not over and plenty - yes plenty to play for
The margins are so fine at this level - Those players will hurt as I do but it’s never over until the last ball is kicked and pride can be restored for sure.
Move on work hard and get better in every way- that applies to those shite referees too!!!!
VAR has badly performed make no doubt about that too.
All in all not a good start but we will do better - players do not become shite overnight

Raz has been off the pace in games for a while now, rarely see him sprinting at full speed anymore and he hasn't got the close control or skill to go past defenders regularly. There was a gaping hole on the left hand side yesterday and as bad as Angelino was he was often 1 on 1 with James with no help from Sterling
That will be the Sterling that has hardly had a rest all season due to Sane's injury. And the Raz that plays almost every England game as well. He's running on empty; but he's still running.

I did and thank you.

Stones is simply not good enough, a liability who can't be trusted.

There were a few in the back line and midfield yesterday who, at times, rendered my heart into my mouth - losing possession at the first nibble, slipping on the turf! It just showed how shitty a team we were playing when you consider the chances they created or we gifted.

I think Sterling needs a rest, a couple of times yesterday he sprinted back and then pulled up fairly suddenly - so could be carrying a niggle. But with Sane out he seems to play almost every game. I think Sliva needs to be on the bench, the magical passing and always finding his gone recently and he clearly now longer has the legs for the presss.

If you consider the last two games at The Etihad - CFC and The Ragamuffins - the pace the opposition shift the ball - we operate at walking pace. It doesn't inflict any harm on the opposition, it doesn't induce any panic that leads to defensive mistakes, and it allows teams all the time they need to organise and reorganise, even shitty teams like yesterday. We have to have players on top of their game playing that slow, drawn out, possession-based game, and too often they aren't! Last season, everyone was on the mark, but then last season we had Vinny's voice on and off the field.

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but Silva is and has been for a while one of the worst culprits, makes up for it in other ways though

There were a few in the back line and midfield yesterday who, at times, rendered my heart into my mouth - losing possession at the first nibble, slipping on the turf! It just showed how shitty a team we were playing when you consider the chances they created or we gifted.
Only Ederson and Walker are good enough out of our back line yesterday.

72% possession 22 attempts on goal . A game dominated by City but not enough goals of course but just take stock - all those blocks and the odd good save by de Gea -one or two of those goes in its a different picture. I am disappointed but the team we are watching is still brilliant . Yes we need more pace at the back. Yes we need a variation to breakdown these dogged eleven men behind the ball boring bastards but this team is still the best in the league and has the best coach in the world. Those goals will come , the players will come back from injury and the options will be there - season’s not over and plenty - yes plenty to play for
The margins are so fine at this level - Those players will hurt as I do but it’s never over until the last ball is kicked and pride can be restored for sure.
Move on work hard and get better in every way- that applies to those shite referees too!!!!
VAR has badly performed make no doubt about that too.
All in all not a good start but we will do better - players do not become shite overnight
All that possession and all those shots but rarely looked like scoring. De Gea only had to make one half decent save, the blocks are what the defenders are there to make but something ours don't, we standoff and are too passive in our defending and don't won't to do the hard jobs putting your body on the line to stop a shot or a cross

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but Silva is and has been for a while one of the worst culprits, makes up for it in other ways though

There are times when we STOP, ball under a foot, and the opposition don't have to do anything! It is infinitely slower, though, when you watch MCWFC. There seems to be a notion over there that the more you return a pass to the person who just passed the ball to you, particularly if the ball travels away from the opposition goal, the better the play! I saw this season a pass from just outside the opposition penalty area back to the halfway line. Possession football gone completely loony!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.