Post Match Thread - United (h)

We have had games this season where seven or eight players are only three-quarters on their game. i agree that had Kyle and Eddie been on the bench we could have been well and truly mullered.
Agreed on the 7-8 players not performing, and that's a major worry.

Why? Is it the hangover from last season's run in or they are no longer thriving off Pep?

Why? Is it the hangover from last season's run in or they are no longer thriving off Pep?

I think it’s also also a question of teams have now worked out how we play, we never change the way we play ever. It’s predictable stuff.

More I think about yesterday’s game the more I realise just how shit we were, How can someone like Bernardo play like he did last season to play like he did yesterday, he wouldn’t get a game for the ladies team never mind our first 11

Well after a nights kip it still Fookin hurts today in fact it’s more painful.

the loss doesn’t bother me that much just the way we are playing this season and seem to make no attempt to resolve it.

we can not continue with this set up & same game plan every game as we will soon find ourselves out of the top 4.

Utd, Leicester & spurs are now full of confidence we are seriously broken at the minute.

league Table come end of Xmas will be interesting.

Apart from last season we always endure a hangover from a title winning season and come no where near the season after. What’s Pep’s thinking does he stay another 3 years and build another team or is he getting off at the end of his contract? Has a feeling of the end of Pelegrini with players downing tools and not putting a shift in, if he is staying get the ones that are regressing gone.

Lacking pace all over the pitch, too slow in possession and lack of effort and desire to track back when they lose possession.

Yes I agree, Rodri in particular is very one paced and although looking quality at times Pep needs to find his most effective position. I am not sure he's Ferna' s natural replacement.

We are without three of last season's first choice back four and have also lost our best DM as a result of him having to fill in there. We are bound to suffer defensively but how often and easily they got behind us yesterday was alarming. I am just glad they were wasteful or hit most shots straight at Eddie, who really should have done better with Martials goal.

Jesus was easily contained, Sterling and Bernardo huffed and puffed but rarely looked like scoring, De Bruyne was off the pace and David Silva is sadly showing age catches up with everyone, even el magico. The false dawn of the Burnley game proved just that. Our comfortable win was more down to how woeful the opposition was, as proved by their hammering at Spur's.

Pep is making the right noises and defending his players in public but I'm sure inside he is pretty angry. He has proved ruthless in his career in the past and a few players don't know he has probably put a big cross through their names for next season. He isn't above blame himself and as in his first season here if we don't have the personnel to play his game due to injuries etcetera he has to tweak it until we do. We played right into the rags hands yesterday.

Long term there is a bigger revamp needed than any of us would have dreamed after the magnificent season we had last year. I am sure plans are afoot already regarding that and of course Laporte and Sane coming back will strengthen us for now, unfortunately that isn't for a couple of months.

I think it’s also also a question of teams have now worked out how we play, we never change the way we play ever. It’s predictable stuff.
Agreed, if Pep has one major weakness , it's his stubbornness to play the same way every game, sometimes we should adjust due to the oppositions strengths or injuries to our own players.

It was fairly obvious yesterday how Utd would play on the counter with pace, yet we seemed utterly unprepared for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.