Do we actually have a transfer strategy?

Cancelo haven't had a run in the team. Mahrez is an okay signing and a good squad player. Rodri is an excellent signing. We just didnt' foresee a Laporte injury and couldn't match the fee for Maguire. Nothing wrong at all with the transfer strategy. A CB and a winger if Sane leaves, get Foden, Zinchenko and Angelino to improve and we're okay for next season.
Mahrez has been a major disappointment to me. Wonderful footballer but simply not the right fit for us.

Not even close.
A few cameos here and there dont automatically make you good enough to slot into a world class outfit over a 38 game period.
Squad player at best given his age and experience

This is david silva we are talking about , not some random player that an be easily replaced ..
Now that the league is done , should pep not start giving him games this season then the writings on the wall.

Not even close.
A few cameos here and there dont automatically make you good enough to slot into a world class outfit over a 38 game period.

This is david silva we are talking about , not some random player that an be easily replaced ..
Now that the league is done , should pep not start giving him games this season then the writings on the wall.
We will see. I heard the same comments repeatedly over the last decade.

We have tried to carry on for too many seasons without proper a left-back. The one we thought we`d bought got injuries soon after. That have reduced him when fit to half the player he was. His replacement then got a serious injury Zincenko. To add to our fullback woes we compounded it further by not replacing Vincent Kompany.
Was his decision know too late and did events conspired to hinder our search for a replacement I dont know but we didnt. This left us with 3 experienced C/H`s. Unluckily our best one got a serious injury leaving us with at times a rash Otimendi and John Stones who Struggles for fitness and form.

This as we all know leaves us with a youngish leftback who`s abilities are better going forward and he doesnt have a fit Laporte to protect him.

Laporte was by far our best defender.

Vinny was past his best, BUT was a magnificent leader on the pitch and particularly in the dressing room.
Ehhhh I still disagree. Laporte didn’t have the easiest time when he started. There were plenty games where he messed up. I will say I felt a lot more comfortable with vinny in the back then laporte. Now them two back there were the best partnership imo. But if I had to choose one even at 30+ vinny just commanded the back line.

Kompany and Laporte were some CB partnership, doubt we'll have better one for some time. All those 1:0 had fought wins last season, wow, they were immense.

Mahrez has been a major disappointment to me. Wonderful footballer but simply not the right fit for us.

if you watch Leicester under Bodger - he’d be perfect for them.... counter attacking football, running in behind... it’s what he does. Facing a parked bus for 90 mins is so not his game... but he has started to adapt... but not sure why we bought him.

Anyone else concerned about the number of positions we have to strengthen?

LB, CB, ST is a must IMO (maybe even 2 CB if Stones will not prove that he can stay fit for a period of time).
On top of that maybe we should add CM and we can be forced to replace Sane.
I also don't trust Bravo.
I hope Fernandinho will stay one more year.

Next summer will be enormous for us.

Not even close.

I agree we are talking about a kid with a handful of games taking over the mantle from one of our greatest ever players. Does anyone realise how crazy that sounds . We need to bring in a world class player equal to David silva and I’m afraid foden is nowhere near that level . He does need to start playing him more though ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.