The Boxing thread

I've watched a lot of boxing over the years and as big a man as AJ is he isn't a heavyweight boxer, in a ring with the height advantage he should have been trying to take Ruiz head off rather than jab and run, it's everything he has slated other boxers for doing, utter shite.
Absolutely spot on mate . The truth is he can’t take a punch and every time Ruiz did connect his legs wobbled . The myth of Joshua being a warrior has been shattered.

Anyone expecting anything else doesn’t understand boxing.
He was fighting Andy Ruiz jnr fella not one of the best around . Andy Ruiz jnr fought the fight of his life in June but he isn’t anywhere near elite level but then again neither is Joshua .

He was fighting Andy Ruiz jnr fella not one of the best around . Andy Ruiz jnr fought the fight of his life in June but he isn’t anywhere near elite level but then again neither is Joshua .
He had nothing to gain and everything to lose by trading with Ruiz, as he has an excellent chin.

The good thing about that fight is that hopefully it will kill pay per view and get some more fights on Channel 5.

Picture Tyson Ali Frazier Foreman Holmes Holyfield Foreman Liston etc scared jabbing to a decision against a fat man with footwork and head movement of statue and that tells you where Joshua rates amongst the best, nothing against him just think he’s far from great

I've watched a lot of boxing over the years and as big a man as AJ is he isn't a heavyweight boxer, in a ring with the height advantage he should have been trying to take Ruiz head off rather than jab and run, it's everything he has slated other boxers for doing, utter shite.
I'm in the camp that thinks Joshua is massively overhyped and overrated. But the only thing that mattered last night was getting the victory. And the safest way of doing that was to "jab and run" as you put it.

It was extremely dull to watch, but he'd have been mad to do anything else. He simply couldn't risk a repeat of what happened in the first fight; his career would probably never have recovered.

I agree he had to win at all costs last night but he will never ever be in the bracket of a top heavyweight whatever anyone on here says, he hasn't the punching power for a start, anyone big enough with the right training can move round a ring throwing jabs, it isn't that hard to do, seen a lot of guys go semi-pro doing the same thing and never lose a fight, difference is they will never get anywhere because of it.

Bum fights now for rest of his career.

I think the biggest question that has to be asked is not Joshua's tactics but the disgraceful conditioning of Ruiz Jr, the man basically didn't look like he'd trained for the fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.