Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
well give it a try. Keep doing the same thing every week isn’t working.

it’s got to the stage where we may as well release our team and formation for next weeks game now . It’s that predictable .

Start a petition to change the manager then. He is finished at City if fans know better than him what's going to work.

The season has now changed. We are playing for top 4 (not the title) and still fighting for 3 cups. We should try a few changes while we can... Foden does need to get some starts and maybe Garcia too. The squad needs a refresh in the summer but there’s nothing fundamentally wrong that a regrouping and a couple of signings won’t fix.

Were you at Burnley on Tuesday night? He was fucking excellent. The whole team played badly yesterday, including David. His issue was he didn’t play well, he ran plenty
Playing well in one game at Burnley doesn’t mean he’s still world class. He’s nowhere near world class any more. If he was world class we wouldn’t be clamouring for Foden to replace him. It’s a shame, but it happens to every player eventually.

Start a petition to change the manager then. He is finished at City if fans know better than him what's going to work.

where did I say I want pep to go. I am talking about wanting him to do something different now and then it’s too obvious at the moment. Do you not discuss the team with your mates ?

maybe you should start a new city fans website where all people can do when we lose games, like a derby.

oh well .

someone could reply oh well.

and there could be an interesting debate saying yeah we lost but we did nothing wrong and as always the team was utterly brilliant and the manager got his tactics spot on again.
RepeAt every week.

where did I say I want pep to go. I am talking about wanting him to do something different now and then it’s too obvious at the moment. Do you not discuss the team with your mates ?

maybe you should start a new city fans website where all people can do when we lose games, like a derby.

oh well .

someone could reply oh well.

and there could be an interesting debate saying yeah we lost but we did nothing wrong and as always the team was utterly brilliant and the manager got his tactics spot on again.
RepeAt every week.

Think it's pointless and counterproductive to moan as this creates a bad atmosphere around the team.

I'm sure Pep wanted to win the league more than the fans. The injuries didn't leave him many choices. He didn't want to make experiments since he hoped that the team would regain form and go on a long winning run. We had similar problems last December when we lost 3 games in 3 weeks. Did Pep start with experiments and did he change tactics? No. And we won.

What irks me are the stupid critisims of the manager and the team. You can't plan against so many problems. Accept that we won't win the league and hope we can do better in the other competitions. Now that we can't win the league, Pep will be more open to changes in tactics and personnel.

Playing well in one game at Burnley doesn’t mean he’s still world class. He’s nowhere near world class any more. If he was world class we wouldn’t be clamouring for Foden to replace him. It’s a shame, but it happens to every player eventually.
There isn’t a player on here people haven’t slagged off big time in here, and I mean everyone. We are having in my opinion a fucking bad patch. Not so long ago we won a quadruple with the second highest league points total ever. If we have fully declined that quickly,and permanently, then it’s very fucking quick.

His football wont work anywhere without extreme level of pressing, high energy, lots of movements, top class players with great passing ability, Gundogan can do 96% accurate passes that is why we is held in such great regard by Pep.

Problem is our players lost form, speed, intensity, also leadership when Kompany gone.
Our transfers were OK but they should have been much better.

Mahrez I expected more from him to be honest, I am pretty sure he expected more starts as well than what he gets. He was player of the year for Leicester, doesnt even comes into contention for any similar while here.
This is his second season which means he should have no excuse to go and have a great season but how when he is hardly used as a first team player, he start a game, scores and makes an assist then sits 2-3 games on the bench. Wont get any rythm this way.

Rodri is new, expensive replacement of Fernandinho, Pep saying may times he is a wonderful fit for City and PL, lets hope becomes into what we want him to become, he has diddfferent sytle of play than Ferna so dont expect him to do it in Ferna style.

Cancelo I am not sure, really expected him to push Walker to the bench as Danilo wasnt able to do that he was a quiet back up to Walker. Cancelo looked a more exciting player than Danilo, bt he would make our fragile defence even more fragile. Pep seems to hesitate to use him that much. end of season will be interesting to see the full playing stats in terms of game time between Walker and Cancelo. I mean if for PL they will have a 75-25 ratio after 38 games in favour of Walker that will say a lot. Prior to his signing I thought it would be 50-50 as last year Danilo hardly played in PL was like 85-15 ratio between him and Walker.

This is around 150m spent and Danilo given away and maybe Rodri is the one that will be a regular first teamer.

The mess around Sane transfer is still gonna come up as well, where I fear we will be paid fucking shit amount while a lesser name replacement will cost same as we get for Sane and the new person willl need a transition season to get up to speed probably.

Transferwise I think we should have done better and there is the case oof when Maguire was clear we wont get for 60m we decided not to scout/pursue another one.
I wonder if we had Maguire now in our style of play with high line defence where we need quick thinking, speedy defenders turning quickly, how good Maguire would be for that? And was he the only possible solution to our CB problem? To me he looked expensive even at 60m and not even a good fit for the way we play.

There isn’t a player on here people haven’t slagged off big time in here, and I mean everyone. We are having in my opinion a fucking bad patch. Not so long ago we won a quadruple with the second highest league points total ever. If we have fully declined that quickly,and permanently, then it’s very fucking quick.
That’s how it seems to go in the Premier League on ocassions. Rags, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal have all experienced some stark declines from one season to the next at some point, and we’re not immune from that. This is more than just a bad patch. We haven’t looked good in any area of the pitch this season.

That’s how it seems to go in the Premier League on ocassions. Rags, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal have all experienced some stark declines from one season to the next at some point, and we’re not immune from that. This is more than just a bad patch. We haven’t looked good in any area of the pitch this season.
There have been games where we have looked very good, however when we have a weak central defence and lack physicality in midfield. De Bruyne is operating at 90%, Silva is old, Rodri is one-paced. We're crying out for the refreshment of youth but perhaps we're in transition.

It was blindingly obvious in Pep's first season that he wanted to play a certain way but his defence couldn't handle counter-attacks. Today it is the same only this time it's not age but injury that has taken it's toll there. In eps first year, the defence had collectively aged. They were all in their mid-30s. Now it is the midfield in Fernandinho and David Silva who have aged. We're crying out for the young legs of Foden but he's 19. Salah and de Bruyne were half the players they went on to be at his age. It's perhaps a bigger job than we are prepared to accept to see Foden replace Silva.

There have been games where we have looked very good, however when we have a weak central defence and lack physicality in midfield. De Bruyne is operating at 90%, Silva is old, Rodri is one-paced. We're crying out for the refreshment of youth but perhaps we're in transition.

It was blindingly obvious in Pep's first season that he wanted to play a certain way but his defence couldn't handle counter-attacks. Today it is the same only this time it's not age but injury that has taken it's toll there. In eps first year, the defence had collectively aged. They were all in their mid-30s. Now it is the midfield in Fernandinho and David Silva who have aged. We're crying out for the young legs of Foden but he's 19. Salah and de Bruyne were half the players they went on to be at his age. It's perhaps a bigger job than we are prepared to accept to see Foden replace Silva.

agree -people are sayign Foden is going to replace D. Silva and think its going to be seemless - Foden as good as he is aint a patch on a prime david Silva who ran games single handedly..it takes more that neat balll retention skills to do that- its a mindset and Foden wont have that yet and its down to charachter as much as skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.