Trouble at the derby in Block 131

Big scrap in the aisle to the left of block 211, involved about four spectators (Blue or Red not got a clue) and ten stewards. They were bouncing back and forth off the blocks either side of the aisle as the normal supporters (me included) kept shoving them back where they came from. Then half a dozen coppers arrived and order was restored after a few minute. Whilst this was going on some prat threw something at the Scum player about to take a corner kick.

As others have said why a 5.30pm kick off for a Derby match, the Old Bill usually step in and will not allow it. The TV companies have far too much power and they, along with the ridiculous new toy VAR, are frankly ruining the game I love.

We now have Leicester at 5.30pm, Sheffield United at 6.00pm and Everton at 5.30pm - completely ridiculous and no thought for the fans whatsoever.

Last edited:
It was Block 212, I was in the row behind. A steward and a Showsec were looking for someone (not a clue why, I didn't see anything other than banter) via the radio link, when they Identified who the were after the Showsec started to push along the row. He took exception to another City fan who wasn't involved and squared up to him. Then started to to try and wrestle him out, Cue Pandemonium, more stewards, fans and Police all getting involved. at the end of it the two they were originally after just calmly walked out with one of the older Stewards.

The Showsec guy was a right knob and was the cause of it all, at least he lost his woolly hat in the fracas, :).
Some very questionable stewardship yesterday, before the game there was a mass brawl just inside the ground in SS as somehow the security gates had been forced open allowing home/away fans to get at each other !!! Surely these security gates should be policed ?

Got a ST towards the back of 317. Will be getting out of there asap when renewals start. Behaviour yesterday was an absolute disgrace. People being bowled over like ten pins with idiots falling down rows fighting. Not young kids either. Not a steward to be seen for ages. Embarrassing all round.

I’m glad I’ve retired. I sat in the pub, got pissed and got a taxi home. Yesterday would’ve cost me £200 minimum. It’s just not a good experience when Stockport get all excited on their big day out.

Something nearly kicked off on the Metro platform for Piccadilly when it seemed a blue got upset over lengthy delays go for trains. He was shouting at metro security staff that he was fed up of apologies and excuses every week. It became quite heated and a very big bloke got very angry with him. He might have been plain clothes security or just
another blue but it looked like 3 onto 1 for a few tense and angry moments.

There were several wheelchairs on the platform due to delays and staff did little to help them.

A strange part of of a bad day all round

Big scrap in the aisle to the left of block 211, involved about four spectators (Blue or Red not got a clue) and ten stewards. They were bouncing back and two off the blocks either side of the aisle as the normal supporters (me included) kept shoving them back where they came from. Then half a dozen coppers arrived and order was restored after a few minute. Whilst this was going on some prat threw something at the Scum player about to take a corner kick.

As others have said why a 5.30pm kick off for a Derby match, the Old Bill usually step in and will not allow it. The TV companies have far too much power and they, along with the ridiculous new toy VAR, are frankly ruining the game I love.

We now have Leicester at 5.30pm, Sheffield United at 6.00pm and Everton at 5.30pm - completely ridiculous and no thought for the fans whatsoever.
Why are 5:30 and 6:00 ridiculous and show no thought for the fans? I think the early kick offs are terrible but that’s just my opinion. I like the later games, able to make the most of my day and still get the game in, I suspect I’m not alone, one man’s ceiling is another man’s floor.

I remember a similar kick off time here in a Celtic v Rangers game at Celtic Park. There was hardly anybody in the ground who wasn't pished. It didn't go well. During of after the game. We got fucked and fights and heated arguments were happening everywhere. Both ends. After the game there was a few set twos also. It will never happen again up here. If everybody was breathalysed it would have been a few billion over the limit.. drink and hate are not a good combo and late kick off sees guys who wouldn't normally get involved lose it.

Why are 5:30 and 6:00 ridiculous and show no thought for the fans? I think the early kick offs are terrible but that’s just my opinion. I like the later games, able to make the most of my day and still get the game in, I suspect I’m not alone, one man’s ceiling is another man’s floor.

Derbies probably shouldn't be late, the other games are less tense.

Derbies probably shouldn't be late, the other games are less tense.
Never a derby. It's just asking for it and if you lose then you have both the defeat and too many making a **** of it to get even worse headlines. Not to mention A & E departments filled with the casualties. They have enough to contend with without having to deal with boozed up angry bampots.

Never a derby. It's just asking for it and if you lose then you have both the defeat and too many making a **** of it to get even worse headlines. Not to mention A & E departments filled with the casualties. They have enough to contend with without having to deal with boozed up angry bampots.
It doesn’t matter what time of day a Derby is played, there’s always small outbreaks of lumber before, during and after games. Very little trouble a couple of seasons ago when we got beat 2-3 in a 5:30 kick off.

Your final today, I guarantee Old Firm fans will have been on the piss for a couple of hours already for a 3pm kick off, no difference at all. I’ll bet you a Manchester tart to a square sausage there will be more arrests in Glasgow today than Manchester yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.