Ban Them For Life

Sounds like a Wembley cup final. Were any regulars?

That's the mad thing, I would say most were. To be honest it is a bit of a turn a blind eye (most of the time) where we are as there is always about 50-60 lads standing in about 40 seats at every game and you sort of just accept it and carry on singing. 99% of the time it's brilliant being so close to the away fans as you get all the noise, the singing and of course the on the spot banter, some of which have been some of the funniest moments of my life.

Yesterday was different. The moment we went 2-0 down it went toxic and just got worse. If the police and people at city have cameras on our section and are able to put names to faces then it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if 50+ bans (of different severities) were handed out. You can't do the fucking abhorrent plane gestures (there were loads) and think/hope you can get away with it.

I love city but a lot of our fans let us all down yesterday and I fucking hate that.

It's not enough to ban these ****s who throw stuff at players, if the lad had turned around to the crowd, his eye could have been
taken out, bang them up, and throw that racist shithouse off the top of the Etihad.

That's the mad thing, I would say most were. To be honest it is a bit of a turn a blind eye (most of the time) where we are as there is always about 50-60 lads standing in about 40 seats at every game and you sort of just accept it and carry on singing. 99% of the time it's brilliant being so close to the away fans as you get all the noise, the singing and of course the on the spot banter, some of which have been some of the funniest moments of my life.

Yesterday was different. The moment we went 2-0 down it went toxic and just got worse. If the police and people at city have cameras on our section and are able to put names to faces then it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if 50+ bans (of different severities) were handed out. You can't do the fucking abhorrent plane gestures (there were loads) and think/hope you can get away with it.

I love city but a lot of our fans let us all down yesterday and I fucking hate that.

Right got a clearer picture now. It's slightly odd if the stewards let this happen normally I wonder why they decided to challenge the wandering City fan this time?

It doesn't take much to trigger a flashpoint these days and once it goes it quickly escalates.

I'm surprised so many people get so emotional now when we play United, leading to this kind of behaviour.

For me, losing yesterday was like losing to Crystal Palace or West Brom. Disappointing but not the end of the world.

I would have been seriously pissed off 10 years ago but let's be realistic, Liverpool is our derby now.

I'm surprised so many people get so emotional now when we play United, leading to this kind of behaviour.

For me, losing yesterday was like losing to Crystal Palace or West Brom. Disappointing but not the end of the world.

I would have been seriously pissed off 10 years ago but let's be realistic, Liverpool is our derby now.
Nah

Right got a clearer picture now. It's slightly odd if the stewards let this happen normally I wonder why they decided to challenge the wandering City fan this time?

It doesn't take much to trigger a flashpoint these days and once it goes it quickly escalates.

Only thing I can think of is that they were doing it for his safety as he was starting to sway a bit too much on the concrete steps.

Looks like he's been arrested. GMP turn it around in less than 24hrs whilst Merseyside Police are still to make one arrest after our coach was smashed up.

How many of the fans throwing coins and lighters have been arrested?

I would have thought that's a better comparison, both involving people throwing projectiles that could hurt players.

The fact that his face was broadcast to an audience of tens of millions and he was identified by social media before the end of the match made it pretty simple for GMP

Even openly admits that its a dig at all our fans later on:

Complete lack of self awareness to use it to point score when it's obvious the majority of our fans are disgusted with yesterdays incident.

He goes to about half a dozen games a year apparently. So basically a TV follower himself. People in glass houses

I think maybe some fans jus react to a reaction and instinctively defend our own. For 30 years I have accepted that the majority of football fans and people in general have racist ideas. Humanity is wonderful but some ideas are ugly and can take hold. What is more shocking for me is not the incident itself but the reaction from some fans who think this has come from nowhere. Society bans racism but it does not fight racist ideas.
You're either for the equality of all or the supremacy of some. Hating skin colour is just one brand of the mental illness causing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.