Post Match Thread - United (h)

The day after and still annoyed with that performance. It genuinely looked like we hadn’t prepared for the way united were going to play. They killed us on the counter attack first half and we didn’t do anything to respond.

So many bad decisions yesterday. Sterling was pocketed by wan bissaka so why not swap the wingers over. Our defensive line was far too high against such a quick attack. And why was Mahrez only brought on for 15-20 mins, did much more than bernardo who has been poor all season. Also can’t understand why silva stayed on. Why not give foden 30 mins instead we get gundogan on after 84 mins.

And you still have to question our transfer policy. Our £65m RB (that we didn’t need) clearly isn’t rated as highly as Walker, so why did we sign him. We’ve got stones and Otamendi who are nowhere near good enough and we don’t have a plan B. One way of playing and that’s it. And the corner situation is ridiculous. Do we work on them in training? Yesterday we finally score from one, so what do we do with the one we win shortly after. Give it away playing short. Very poor.

The day after and still annoyed with that performance. It genuinely looked like we hadn’t prepared for the way united were going to play. They killed us on the counter attack first half and we didn’t do anything to respond.

So many bad decisions yesterday. Sterling was pocketed by wan bissaka so why not swap the wingers over. Our defensive line was far too high against such a quick attack. And why was Mahrez only brought on for 15-20 mins, did much more than bernardo who has been poor all season. Also can’t understand why silva stayed on. Why not give foden 30 mins instead we get gundogan on after 84 mins.

And you still have to question our transfer policy. Our £65m RB (that we didn’t need) clearly isn’t rated as highly as Walker, so why did we sign him. We’ve got stones and Otamendi who are nowhere near good enough and we don’t have a plan B. One way of playing and that’s it. And the corner situation is ridiculous. Do we work on them in training? Yesterday we finally score from one, so what do we do with the one we win shortly after. Give it away playing short. Very poor.
Thought Bernado did OK.

Agree many of our players have dipped this season , but the first Liverpool goal was Bravo , not sure even Eddy could save that from his seat in the stands :)

He had no chance saving that second goal, it was a shot out of nowhere and went in, I think, shaving the post. In fact, Angelhino should have made more of a challenge to block the shot in the first place. Ederson made several saves in the first half, they could have been four or five. At 2-0, Jesus missed that header he should have done a lot better with, dare I say Aguero would have buried it. To go in at half time at 2-1, I think we would have turned it around.

One of our friends, a Blue, who is in her 20s, but not going to the game, was on the tram on her way into town with her friend and the friend's baby in its buggy.

Also on the tram were a bunch of pissed-up Blues travelling to Etihad for the match, who spent the whole journey intimidating the two young ladies and prevented them from getting to the buggy to protect the kiddy.

Get a fucking life, you sad bastards!

From a personal point of view, the late kick-off made life a lot easier for us, as I had to work, but it really is the height of stupidity to have such a high-profile match at that time, giving idiots the whole day to get tanked up.

As we all know, there are plenty of idiots, who follow the rags too, and some of them gave themselves away in 328 after the second goal. A mate told me that there were similar incidents in SS Level 1 as well.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.
Rashford was brought down for the pen, received lengthy treatment, didn't leave the field of play and was then allowed to take the pen. As far as I am aware a penalty is a free kick for an offence inside the area, any other free kick on the field of play which requires treatment means the player has to leave the pitch and cannot return until advised by the referee. Have the rules changed or are the officials just useless, I think I know the answer already.

Yeah. We were all saying the same but no mention of it in the media. Surprised- no
Aaarrgghh they all hate us.
Or perhaps the law was changed in the summer so that a player can receive treatment and then take the penalty. Admittedly there's a comment about the treatment being quick but the law was definitely changed. Must hurt when the pundits know more than you.

I’m still frustrated and annoyed after watching the rags vs spurs game last week it was so obvious what their strengths were and how they would play.

One of our friends, a Blue, who is in her 20s, but not going to the game, was on the tram on her way into town with her friend and the friend's baby in its buggy.

Also on the tram were a bunch of pissed-up Blues travelling to Etihad for the match, who spent the whole journey intimidating the two young ladies and prevented them from getting to the buggy to protect the kiddy.

Get a fucking life, you sad bastards!

From a personal point of view, the late kick-off made life a lot easier for us, as I had to work, but it really is the height of stupidity to have such a high-profile match at that time, giving idiots the whole day to get tanked up.

As we all know, there are plenty of idiots, who follow the rags too, and some of them gave themselves away in 328 after the second goal. A mate told me that there were similar incidents in SS Level 1 as well.

Such people are repulsive scum, pure and simple. And drink is no excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.