Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ag
He was player of Season last year playing where Kev is now. We need to put him back there

I agree that he’s a central midfielder playing wide but how many games did he play centrally last season? I remember maybe wrongly but him playing lots of games on the right still. Anyway he’s had one good season in 2 and half years. Very little goal threat, zero pace and not good enough to play in a front 3 at a top club. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Pep will ever move him inside full time.

I don't understand why debruyne can't be moved to the left side of the midfield and bernardo play on the right - where he is the best...
I remember how good he was against liverpool in the both games last year. Especially in away game, he was helping team in build up and controlling the tempo.
There were moments where 3 or 4 midfielders were against him - but he was able to retain the ball and pass to teammates. I can't understand why such resource is wasted as an average winger....

In 2017/2018 Debruyne`s direct style of play was balanced by David Silva, who was controlling the tempo and playing best football of his career..
In 2018/2019 there was no need to balance someone as Bernardo is more like Dave than Kev, that's why we couldn't notice the regress in David Silva`s play.

Now, it's obvious that there are problems.. kev is still playing his direct style and passes / crosses / long balls as soon as he gets the ball, but there is no one to balance him...

But if we compare Busquets Xavi iniesta to Rodri Bernardo Debruyne -> I don't understand why rodri can't play as busquets, bernardo as xavi and debruyne as iniesta..
I think value of those crosses from the right wing are overrated. It's not stoke or norwich, it's Man City and therefore Debruyne should be more creative and midfield minded,
than doing crosses here and there.. He should be more than that and he should play "iniesta like" role.. Bernardo should be the main guy in terms of possession and build-up..

Normskih, I am actually an authentic City fan. and I have the right to share my opinion as long as I do so within the framework of the rules and I have violated none.

Please read and follow the forum rules: "Don't abuse or personally insult other members. Treat fellow users with respect." @jimharri

There's no insult intended in my post, in fact I'm pleased you've challenged me in doubting you're a City fan. Like all us City fans after yesterday's result, you must have felt very down and posting those comments about Silva was a tad harsh, don't you think? He's not had his best spell but he's been in and out of the first eleven, when imho he should be playing the role played by his namesake and David now rested more often than not.

You just can't play him and De Bruyne in the same three man midfield. If they both play, one of them has to occupy a position in the front three.

They both drift into the same positions. They both want to occupy the right hand side of the midfield and we'd be left even more exposed on the left if they both played together in the midfield.

You just can't play him and De Bruyne in the same three man midfield. If they both play, one of them has to occupy a position in the front three.

They both drift into the same positions. They both want to occupy the right hand side of the midfield and we'd be left even more exposed on the left if they both played together in the midfield.
I concur.

There's no insult intended in my post, in fact I'm pleased you've challenged me in doubting you're a City fan. Like all us City fans after yesterday's result, you must have felt very down and posting those comments about Silva was a tad harsh, don't you think? He's not had his best spell but he's been in and out of the first eleven, when imho he should be playing the role played by his namesake and David now rested more often than not.

Okay, I admit my comments about Silva were a bit harsh but I'm no troll. Doubting my loyalty to City is unforgivable. Yes, you are right I gutted by yesterday's poor performance. As a City fan, I want nothing more than City to be at the top of the table. It hurts. It really hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.