#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was Pep was aware of his talent and simply played him regardless of age. What he is doing with Phil is starting to look surreal

Mate, he’s the greatest player to ever play football. Nobody could not start him regularly

he's not a legitimate generational talent at all, some people have gone way over board with phil because he's home grown, he's a very promising youngster ,I agree I would like to see him having more game time,

Few days ago someone had put him in a group of world class players with Aguero, Silva, KDB, Ederson.. I mean seriously, he is talented, he is local, but ffs, he barely played professional game and he is world class.. "legitimate generational talent just like Messi"... wow

In a team that was lacking in the passion stakes somewhat today, it is extremely annoying that Pep even right at the death when we pulled a goal back that Gundy appeared over Phil again, the guy would have been busting a gut to grab us an unlikely point and as it was Gundy did nothing.
Add in the effect it would have on us, the fans, too.

Beginning to annoy me now that he's not getting time ahead of Gundo and to an extent Dave and Bernie.

Back in the 60/70's both City and the rags occasionally used the derby to give a debut to local youth players.
The game on Saturday was a perfect opportunity for Phil Foden to make his derby debut, he wouldn't have let the side down.

Back in the 60/70's both City and the rags occasionally used the derby to give a debut to local youth players.
The game on Saturday was a perfect opportunity for Phil Foden to make his derby debut, he wouldn't have let the side down.

Many on here believe you are right. Pep clearly disagrees which is something of a disappointment , but he obviously feels that the time is not yet right.

Personally Foden would give the team more energy than Gundogan and therefore should be given the chance. There are times for Gundogan but Foden would have been a better option imho.

If Foden had been given more time off the bench or even a run of league starts, does anyone really think that we would be any worse off than we are now?
It's been a huge missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.