Ban Them For Life

At the Chelsea game, four men sat behind us spent the entire game spouting racist garbage.

"Get back to the fucking desert" every time Mahrez had the ball. Calling Willian a golliwog. Referring to Mendy as 'Lukaku' for the entire game. Few people tried to put them in their place, get stewards etc, and fucking nothing. Shameful. Stewards didn't give a fuck.
I would imagine the stewards get minimum wage and probably think why should I risk my health for that kind of money .

At the Chelsea game, four men sat behind us spent the entire game spouting racist garbage.

"Get back to the fucking desert" every time Mahrez had the ball. Calling Willian a golliwog. Referring to Mendy as 'Lukaku' for the entire game. Few people tried to put them in their place, get stewards etc, and fucking nothing. Shameful. Stewards didn't give a fuck.
I dont like this continual doing down of stewards who apparently never give a fuck or do anything. Shirley it isnt their job to get stuck into a mob of coked up knuckle draggers for about £9p/h.

It's not just racism though - The Canal Street Blues City Supporters Branch posted a facebook event about the MCFC trophy tour (Men's Prem trophy, FA cup, League Cup, Community Shield and Women's FA and League Cups) visiting the Gay Village for the first time ever which is a big moment for the community and the page is swamped with the predictable hilarious comments, 'banter' and outright abuse, from both City and United 'fans' sadly. There is a long way to go for football to eradicate what we saw yesterday and maybe it never will but the reality is we all know he's not the only one to behave like that - he just got caught on camera. Many of us have seen it or heard it around us, away games seem to bring out the worst in particular. Perhaps it may even be that as society we're actually going backwards. Personally, I think that it's more the extremes being emboldened and that actually the huge, huge majority of people are decent and forward thinking as this thread largely confirms...Gary Neville makes an observation that many will kick off with but also may be an uncomfortable truth

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ter-fan-accused-of-racism-at-manchester-derby

The good thing is that the club will act decisively and that whilst social media gives everyone a platform to share their views...it also means there is often no escape.

Last edited:
If they were behind you then you’d have been able to provide seat numbers. Also, there’s a text number you can use to report it.

Pretty much everyone has a mobile phone these days.

If you see someone being racist or abusive, just make a note of their seat number, take a short video (if safe to do so) and hand it to both the club and the police. I would also advise to steer clear of posting videos on social media as it may be prejudicial to any subsequent enquiry and resultant prosecution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.