Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Shame we are not looking to sign anyone January
Could do with a boost in areas

This lot won a treble last year. I can't understand the drop of in level of performance in the league this years(results wise), maybe we were due a bad run, pity that bad run coincided with Liverpool having started so well else the damage would be repairable. Can't see how dipping into the transfer market is going to help, our latest 60m signings have not cut the mustard yet, probably better throwing one or two kids in especially Foden now the league is a goner.

It wont happen but if it were me, I'd get Sané in the office and give him 3 choices. Sign a new deal here, move to Bayern in January, or sit in the stands for the next 18 months. Make your mind up by January 1st.

They should have made him choose in July, and we could have used the money for the squad, instead we played this stupid will he wont he game for months.
The whole situation was mishandled imo. Sané is a Manchester City player and we let both the rumor mill and anyone even remotely connected to Bayern speculate on his future all summer long. Only at the very end, too late to replace him if we did make a sale, did we attempt to take control of the situation and resolve it. You either need to sell him and move on or shut down the transfer publicly. Doing neither just leads to endless speculation and would've been a distraction all season long if he hadn't gotten hurt.

The reason the squad seems to need an overhaul is partly due to Pep's lack of desire to involve youth currently
What do you mean by currently ? He ignores it. he would rather spend money on a 24 year old than give the kids a chance.
Sorry I do agree with you're point.

Our season so far has been disastrous with injuries and to our most important players in Laporte, Sane, Aguero ect

We really did need to give youngsters and opportunity this season with those players out. We all know Pep isn't convinced at all with Stones and Otamendi so why not give Eric Garcia chance?

David Silva in his last season and dipping in performance levels unfortunately! Yet he still won't play Phil Foden which is supposedly his successor.

If the likes of Garcia and Foden aren't been given chances with the way things are now then are the really ever going to get an opportunity?

The left back area has been a massive problem since Pep has arrived, Always just papering over the cracks with Delph and Zinchenko and now Angelino. I know we've won trophies with Delph and Zinchenko at left back but when it came to European games we get exploited in those areas. Mendy doesn't seem like he's going to be the solution either.
Their is a bigger rebuilding problem here than all of us think, We lack serious leadership on and off the pitch which is worrying.
Pep has a big job on his hands, Its times like this we'll see what he's made of, Let's hope he can get it sorted. Personally I've faith in him to turn this around.

So, a 121 with Pep when he asks you what you would do with the squad:

Out:
Bravo - thanks Claudio - some great memories
Stones - will never be at elite level
Mendy - will never retain elite level
Angelino - will never be at elite level
Gundogan - is not at elite level irrespective of position
David - already commited to leaving
Mahrez - not doubting his quality, more he doesn't fit a high energy, pressing team

Must Retain
Leroy - manage him better. change his mind about Bayern - he should be part of our spine for years to come.

Retain for another season/2 seasons
Otamendi - bleeds blue
Kun - elite level legend
Fern - elite level legend
Zinchenko - great cover for left back and potential for midfield still to be proven

Still to be proven - Retain
Phil - has potential but unproven at elite level (HG)
Garcia - has potential but unproven at elite level (HG)
Rodri - some strong performances but also reservations about speed and physicality
Cancelo - unproven in PL
Gabby - Have we tried him wide. Will he ever be our no 1 striker? is he a good option for no 2? Should we not have a taller more physical striker. So many questions need answering.

Spine of the team for next three seasons
Eddie
Walker
Laporte
Kev
Raz
Bernie

Potential Squad
Ederson - still developing but already one of the worlds best
New Goalie -proven at good level but with huge potential - maybe home grown

Walker (HG) - I think he could be our next Zaba. Without him yesterday........
Cancelo

New CB - elite quality
Garcia (HG)

Laporte - should be in our spine for years to come
Otamendi

New LB - elite quality - our competitors seem to manage to get this right.
Zinchenko

Fern - legend and best there is.
New DM - elite quality
Rodri - might have the capability to make this position his own but only with runners round him.

New AM - elite quality
Phil (HG)

Kev - what is going on with these two - so far under there best.
Bernie

Raz (HG?)
New - potential

Kun
New - elite quality
Gabby (HG?)

Leroy - others would build there team round him. Criminally neglected imo.
New - potential

Thats 16 of the current squad with 8 new signings, 5 already at elite level (left back, centre back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield, striker.), 3 at potential to be elite level. Thats what I would ask the club for. Achieve it over three windows starting this Christmas.

Pep said .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.