United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, our style was/is tailor made for the way United play.

Our tactics in the first half were also inexcusable, either Pep got it completely wrong and was made to look like an amateur by OGS or the players just didn’t do as they were instructed.

We’ve been highly successful in stopping the counter attack as our whole team pushes up high and doesn’t allow much space between our CBs and MF. If the long ball goes right over the top we usually have Walker’s speed to mop up or Eddy in a high starting position.

In the first half yesterday we pressed high up but the defence just backed off, meaning that once they beat the initial press, a simple long ball meant that their front four was straight at our defence.

In the second half we were more aggressive in defence and didn’t really give them much of a sniff but the damage had already been done by then.

I also think that the lack of legs in MF and lack of aggression at the back is affecting our attack. I think we seem to be scared of taking risks and losing possession as we know we are vulnerable at the turnover of possession. Therefore we play much slower with the ball and allow their players to regroup so we don’t get caught out.

Haven't read the whole but has anyone mentioned how the utd player's celebrated with their fans, dancing and throwing shirts in for them , it was like they had just won the league. Than I bursted out laughing as it showed how far they have fallen and how far we have come . We are now their cup final.

Sadly, our style was/is tailor made for the way United play.

Our tactics in the first half were also inexcusable, either Pep got it completely wrong and was made to look like an amateur by OGS or the players just didn’t do as they were instructed.

We’ve been highly successful in stopping the counter attack as our whole team pushes up high and doesn’t allow much space between our CBs and MF. If the long ball goes right over the top we usually have Walker’s speed to mop up or Eddy in a high starting position.

In the first half yesterday we pressed high up but the defence just backed off, meaning that once they beat the initial press, a simple long ball meant that their front four was straight at our defence.

In the second half we were more aggressive in defence and didn’t really give them much of a sniff but the damage had already been done by then.

I also think that the lack of legs in MF and lack of aggression at the back is affecting our attack. I think we seem to be scared of taking risks and losing possession as we know we are vulnerable at the turnover of possession. Therefore we play much slower with the ball and allow their players to regroup so we don’t get caught out.

Excellent analysis that Daz.

What surprised me the most how easy their tactic of under 12s kick long to the 3 fast kids work. Plus how much the players celebrated at the end throwing their shirts and dancing etc. Than it dawn on me how much has changed we are now their cup final.

I feel like there’s a trend here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.