Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Calm down lol,it will be fine ;)

I wish I was as confident as you. To be honest I am calm. I never expected city to take me on the journey I have had. It’s just disappointing we find the issue we are in. It really could of been avoided. Kompany never being replaced last season was the start of the issues

We really need a left back and a center back. We have spent a lot of money on our left-backs but none of them have worked out. We also need to buy a striker to compete with Aguero and once he leaves, would be our main striker. The problem this season has been the lack of movement from our attackers which we saw last 2 seasons. Finally, once Silva leaves, we need to replace him as well if Pep is not keen to give Foden the midfield role now. Ofcourse, everything depends on if Pep stays here long term or not.
Not really. We spent a lot of money on Mendy, but other than him, we've had Angelino (£5m), Zinchenko (£1.7m), Delph (£8m) and Clichy (£7m). Before Mendy, Kolarov was the last LB we brought in that wasn't a cut price option or a utility player converted to play there.

Spending £50-60m on a new CB not the best message to send Garcia and HB. Especially with Laporte coming back.

But things could have been so different if we just throw money at every player , and especially centre backs that comes up for sale. Many on here keep telling us where Pep has gone wrong.

I know what you mean, but I think it should be stones who should be the most worried. He really has been treading water for 18 months, I fear he is now sinking!

History said he would not stay here 5 yrs but he is,we have a good team,you missed out kev,ky,,zinchy,sergio has another yr,assume gabby will be here,the dippers are not way ahead of us,we can't win the league every year,if you think we as a club won't fix what is needed in the summer and get back on top then you underestimate us,i can't get to grips with the full on panic going on
Can't really argue with this tbf.

What a weird post. My point is we had £250mil on the bench and none of them are first choice or game changers.

said someting similar myself...there wasnt one Id turn to to change the game if we were losing. (unfair on Bravo in that sense but for me he aint a good enough number two either)

said someting similar myself...there wasnt one Id turn to to change the game if we were losing. (unfair on Bravo in that sense but for me he aint a good enough number two either)
First and foremost we need a world class CB. This playing out from the back is a nice to have, but shouldn’t come at the cost of actually being able to defend.

Next, a pacy winger or striker. If Leroy signs, great.

First and foremost we need a world class CB. This playing out from the back is a nice to have, but shouldn’t come at the cost of actually being able to defend.

Next, a pacy winger or striker. If Leroy signs, great.
Last season we were both able to defend and play it out from the back.

Many of the problems will be resolved if we put that defence out on the pitch again, and give Foden game time.

Last season we were both able to defend and play it out from the back.

Many of the problems will be resolved if we put that defence out on the pitch again, and give Foden game time.
Stones and Otamendi have regressed badly, we don’t have Kompany anymore and Fernandinho is playing CB. We’ve got at least 2 months before Laporte steps on the pitch again. Go for Koulibaly in January, let Stones and Otamendi fight it out for 3rd or 4th choice and let’s have a settled CB pairing ready for next season.

No joke, if Laporte and Koulibaly gel, we could have the best CB pairing in the world. This will allow our fullbacks and forwards to play with more confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.