Transition season excuse

Pep didn't inherit the best squad in the league when he joined mate.

We still had the likes of Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Fernando, Iheanacho, jesus Navas, I think the rags squad was on a par if not better.

I agree with you as regards Foden and to some extent Garcia, both need to be trusted and played in the first team.

We need a plan B n C, I wouldn't mind getting a Dzeko type striker, Passing out from the back may have run its cycle, who knows.
We’ve spent over £200mil replacing the fullbacks and we still don’t have a designated LB. Agreed on the plan B though. A physical striker who can do something with all these crosses, and some pure pace for counters. We had that with Sané, Sterling, Walker and Agüero 2 years ago, but it’s seemed to die a death.

Disagree we have Ederson , Walker , Laporte , Mahrez , Bernardo , KDB , Sterling , Aguero , Jesus , Sane , Gundogan , Rodri ,thats twelve players who would walk into most teams in europe , a centre back , left back and another defensive minded midfield player is required , we also have Garcia and Foden who will make an impact in the next couple of seasons

We need three quality players , to replace Merlin , Otto and Dinho , a derby defeat doesnt make our squad of players a europa league team.

It doesn't, but losing to Norwich and Wolves and drawing with a shit Newcastle team needs considerable improvement on. We can't lose another 3 or 4 games the way Leicester and Chelsea are playing, not to mention Spuds will probably improve now they've got Mourinho. Not saying we won't make top 4 but we'll have to pull our finger out and improve our defence and finishing chances created if we're to stay there.

It doesn't, but losing to Norwich and Wolves and drawing with a shit Newcastle team needs considerable improvement on. We can't lose another 3 or 4 games the way Leicester and Chelsea are playing, not to mention Spuds will probably improve now they've got Mourinho. Not saying we won't make top 4 but we'll have to pull our finger out and improve our defence and finishing chances created if we're to stay there.

100% agree regarding finishing chances , we are going through a sticky spell no doubt , but its a bit dramatic to contemplate our club not finishing in the top four , looking the way Leicester are playing right now , we will be third at worst and when the Champs league resumes in February and our injury situation improves a crack at Big Ears is definitely on the cards , glass half full , and all that :)

100% agree regarding finishing chances , we are going through a sticky spell no doubt , but its a bit dramatic to contemplate our club not finishing in the top four , looking the way Leicester are playing right now , we will be third at worst and when the Champs league resumes in February and our injury situation improves a crack at Big Ears is definitely on the cards , glass half full , and all that :)
I agree with this. 50% of our problems are down to poor defending which is surely down to injury.

We’ve spent over £200mil replacing the fullbacks and we still don’t have a designated LB. Agreed on the plan B though. A physical striker who can do something with all these crosses, and some pure pace for counters. We had that with Sané, Sterling, Walker and Agüero 2 years ago, but it’s seemed to die a death.

sometines I watch these aimless floated balls being lumped in all game and think Pep has signed signed an invisible new striker because why he thinks 4 forwards of that size are going to outjump a keeper and 4 big lads like yesterday I don’t know.

Going forward, we used to be a beautifully balanced team. The best I've ever seen. The left side has been wiped out. Mendy (who was a bit of a one trick pony admittedly), Delph sold, Sane, Laporte, Zinchenko injured. Poor old David Silva lost his decoys and his targets. De Bruyne lost his right to left pass to Sane, the wide right don't get the big diagonals from Laporte and Zinchenko. It's a pale imitation of a great attacking football team that didn't often need great defenders.

Our midfield is most certainly in transition, don't get how that can be denied.

Absolutely , losing Laporte for 75% of the season is the equivalent of that Dutch geezer missing 6 months of the Dippers season. It would make a massive difference to the title race.

Nobody knows for sure. It is possible that their deputies would do a much better job than ours have done. Their full backs are better than ours and their midfield tighter so they may not have noticed it as much. I don’t think VD has been as good this season anyway.

It’s not just the defence though, it’s defending as a team. It’s turned to shit and we are wide open as a result. Add that to Jesus and Aguero missing 8/10 of the chances they get, Jesus in particular recently. When we click we are still good but it’s not happening often enough.

Sporting teams are cyclical in their dominance and that dominance is reserved for a very small few.

We have had a fantastic period of success and you will not win everything every season, its an impossibility regardless of who is manager or how much money is in the bank.

Certain players are coming the end of a stellar career with us and we will rebuild with the likes of Garcia and Foden amongst others.

Top 4 will be just fine this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.