Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

financially speaking I reckon we could get what we need and have cash left over by selling Leroy and Sterling. If RM are stupid enough to offer us north of £150 mill for the latter we should snap their hands off.
Why would you want to sell two our best young players?

Maybe Leroy is intent on Bayern but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bayern deal fell through. Bayern have bigger problems than City. Bayern sit 7th in the league and they fired their coach. They have players like Muller and Boateng who need replacing. Their best young players are the wide men Gnabry and Kingsley Coman. I am not sure that Leroy will want to go there,and not sure that their priorities are still the same. Probably they will come back in for him but Sane may view thing differently if he returns and is back in the side.

For me City should get two big lifts soon from Laporte and Sane. I am not sure that Bernardo and mahrez have been as effective on the wing this season. How about Jesus, Sane and Sterling as our forward line of the future with Mahrez/Bernardo/Foden as midfielders to replace Silva when the time is right?

We have lots of options still. It's about transitioning City from a team of Fernandinho and Silva to the new City. I hope Sterling and Sane will be part of that. You could take the money if you want but you will find it almost impossible to replace them.

Garcia in to replace one of Otamendi/Stones long term, Foden in to replace Merlin and Gabby will replace Kun very soon as well.

Couple of full backs are desperately needed but we are not at a point of needing to have wholesale changes imo.

VAR needs replacing far more than many of our squad!

We aren't beating the top teams. He's just describing the situation we are in and that City will work to improve. Far better to accept the situation we are in than pretend everything is OK

We’ve only played one top team this season. United are a similar level to Chelsea who we beat and we’ve not played anyone decent in Europe. I don’t actually understand what he’s alluding to there.

In my eyes this summer is huge in terms of recruitment. We need to recruit well and inject not just quality/technical ability in the areas required but pace as well

We’ve only played one top team this season. United are a similar level to Chelsea who we beat and we’ve not played anyone decent in Europe. I don’t actually understand what he’s alluding to there.
His quotations in BBC football seem clear enough. He's not accepting that it is a permanent state of affairs though.

I think after his statement yesterday he is making the club perfectly aware that if they don’t support him next summer over the players he wants to rebuild then he gone for sure.
One of his philosophies is you need to rebuild very 4-5 years and if the club doesn’t back him he’s off. Happened at Barcelona and Bayern, so it’s very much in the hands of the club what they do. I think the last transfer window our hands were a bit tied as we couldn’t spend the money he wanted because of UEFA hanging over our heads. Next summer we will either spend big ( no idea who he’s after) or Pep I think will go.
I hope Pep stays and the club back, here’s hoping.

I think after his statement yesterday he is making the club perfectly aware that if they don’t support him next summer over the players he wants to rebuild then he gone for sure.
One of his philosophies is you need to rebuild very 4-5 years and if the club doesn’t back him he’s off. Happened at Barcelona and Bayern, so it’s very much in the hands of the club what they do. I think the last transfer window our hands were a bit tied as we couldn’t spend the money he wanted because of UEFA hanging over our heads. Next summer we will either spend big ( no idea who he’s after) or Pep I think will go.
I hope Pep stays and the club back, here’s hoping.
We have to accept where we are and improve sums up Pep's post-match reaction. You're reading too much into it. I think every City fan walked away from that Derby defeat knowing full well the crown has slipped and the league is gone. However, the Cups remain and City have some important players to come in (Laporte, Sane and Foden).

We were always going to have to replace Kompany, Fernandinho and Silva some time and now we're in that process. We got over Yaya, Zabaleta, hart, Tevez. This is part of what a coach can expect when he is at a club for 4 plus years. Integral players get old and the side needs rebuilding. City have earmarked replacements in the 1st team squad, and over the next 12-18 months we will find out whether they are good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.