Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

We are definitely in a “Pep predicament”.

With a rebuild required, Pep only having 18 months left in his contract is not ideal.

How can he sell the dream to the potential signings next summer when it’s pretty obvious they are going to want to know whether he will be here or not in order to oversee their development within the project.

I’d expect City to be utilising this as the opportunity to force Pep’s hand with regards his future plans.

With a rebuild required, Pep only having 18 months left in his contract is not ideal.

How can he sell the dream to the potential signings next summer when it’s pretty obvious they are going to want to know whether he will be here or not in order to oversee their development within the project.

I’d expect City to be utilising this as the opportunity to force Pep’s hand with regards his future plans.
Pep's contract is going to be an ongoing issue. Whether it interferes with team-building depends on whether you think there is rebuilding to be done.

I believe most is done (unless we are going to write off Foden and Rodri). Maybe we need a left-back to replace Mendy, and in 12 months Aguero will probably leave, however I don't think we've about to spend £200m as we did in Pep's first season.

Agreed, the issue if Pep doesn't give any idea about his long term plans is whether the club want to give him the money to rebuild if he's going to leave a season later ?

I think most players are not sure about Pep's future too. This up and down symptom is very much like in the final season of Pellers, Mancho, Sven, and other past managers as well.

Agreed, the issue if Pep doesn't give any idea about his long term plans is whether the club want to give him the money to rebuild if he's going to leave a season later ?
Football director controls rebuidling and it should proceed ragardless of who the coach is.

Pep in his final season will be a source of uncertainty we could do without and that's always an issue whenever a coach is in his last season. I'd hope Pep decides his job is not yet done. If I were him I would want to leave having built two sides at Manchester City. That would shut up his critics for good.

Pep's contract is going to be an ongoing issue. Whether it interferes with team-building depends on whether you think there is rebuilding to be done.

I believe most is done (unless we are going to write off Foden and Rodri). Maybe we need a left-back to replace Mendy, and in 12 months Aguero will probably leave, however I don't think we've about to spend £200m as we did in Pep's first season.
I’ll refer you to my post on page 1 of the thread mate, I think there is most definitely a rebuild required.

We will have to spend considerably more than 200m in the next couple of windows if we want to remain ultra competitive.

In:
Lautaro/Haaland
Koulibaly
Telles
Neres
Olmo
A backup to Rodri, maybe Soucek from Slavia or Sander Berge

Out:
Sane
Gundogan
Otamendi
Stones
Mendy
David Silva
Fernandinho

Rebuild done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.