Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Seriously, Manchester is a good airport we should be proud to have. It's getting bigger and better. I can't be arsed reading back but I bet there are several posts complaining of security. If passengers pack their cases and 100ml allowance liquids properly, and stop arguing the toss, going through security will be a much more pleasant experience.

If passengers pack their cases and 100ml allowance liquids properly, and stop arguing the toss, going through security will be a much more pleasant experience.
This really does boil my piss. These restrictions have been in place for years now, but there's never any shortage of thick twats who think they mustn't apply to them.

Posters all over the place and staff walking up and down the line explaining what needs to be done, yet there's always some gormless **** who's got an iPad/hair straighteners/bottle of water in their bag.

And then there's the people who seem to be taken by surprise by the need to remove their shoes/belt/watch/hat/coat despite having spent the last 20 minutes stood in a queue watching every single person do the exact same thing.

This really does boil my piss. These restrictions have been in place for years now, but there's never any shortage of thick twats who think they mustn't apply to them.

Posters all over the place and staff walking up and down the line explaining what needs to be done, yet there's always some gormless **** who's got an iPad/hair straighteners/bottle of water in their bag.

And then there's the people who seem to be taken by surprise by the need to remove their shoes/belt/watch/hat/coat despite having spent the last 20 minutes stood in a queue watching every single person do the exact same thing.
I learned an expensive lesson in naively buying a litre of Jagermeister from a shop on holiday a few years ago when I tried to take it through customs. They took it off me. I was pissed off but no point arguing with them. Lesson learned.

I took a drone to Spain 3 years ago for aerial photography whilst fishing the Ebro. The hassle I had of getting it through security was not worth it. They took about half hour examining it and spare bits and batteries, almost missed the plane. Didn't have that worry on the way home as it came down in the Ebro to die it's death. £600 worth lost in an instant.

I don't fly a drone nowadays. Lesson learned

Last edited:
I have used manchester airport a lot over the last couple of years and yes it is tatty and often over crowded. The drop off and pick up are a money making racket certainly.

However i have found the staff be it security border force the special assistance lot to be great. Have a smile on your mug have a laugh and a chat with them and they are great. Even had some excellent piss taking sessions with them.

The problem is it is not big enough and expanding takes time.

It has its issues but sometimes i think these days people expect the moon on a stick.

Next time you use the place have a laugh with the staff there...you might be shocked as to how tour trip may be enhanced and how they are happy to help you out if needed.

I learned an expensive lesson in naively buying a litre of Jagermeister from a shop on holiday a few years ago when I tried to take it through customs. They took it off me. I was pissed off but no point arguing with them. Lesson learned.

I took a drone to Spain 3 years ago for aerial photography whilst fishing the Ebro. The hassle I had of getting it through security was not worth it. They took about half hour examining it and spare bits and batteries, almost missed the plane. Didn't have that worry on the way home as it came down in the Ebro to die it's death. £600 worth lost in an instant.

I don't fly a drone nowadays. Lesson learned
I took mine last year and had no issues, took it out of my bag, went through the scanners without any questions. Spanish security had a quick look at it and were asking how I use it, and seemed more curious about it than worried.

I took mine last year and had no issues, took it out of my bag, went through the scanners without any questions. Spanish security had a quick look at it and were asking how I use it, and seemed more curious about it than worried.
Like I say I took mine 3 years ago. I had a complicated looking drone and kit to inspect. I think security are much more familiar with inspecting drones nowadays. I was more gutted I lost some fantastic aerial video on my SD card, than losing the drone.

I can go through security 5/6 times a day and the security staff are fine, a few things need to be ironed out eg food ect,eg beans are allowed through but spaghetti hoops aren't ?, depends who you get on the day,

the problem people have at the airport is usually down to themselves,who in their right mind would get wankered at 4am just because they are going on holiday and im not talking about the younger people,also a lot of people suffer from loss of brain function when they get to the airport ,normal intelligent people turn into blithering idiots get frustrated and shout about the most peculiar things you wouldn't believe, ive even seen a captain punched by a 20 something year old woman ,people stand next to the plane and because they are outside think ill have a ciggie,great idea stood next to an aircraft loaded with 10 tonne of fuel.

Manchester airport is far from perfect,but its work and it pays the bills and to tell you the truth I enjoy going into work everyday

Like I say I took mine 3 years ago. I had a complicated looking drone and kit to inspect. I think security are much more familiar with inspecting drones nowadays. I was more gutted I lost some fantastic aerial video on my SD card, than losing the drone.
I can imagine!!! Don’t give up mate, get it back and get it back out there

I can imagine!!! Don’t give up mate, get it back and get it back out there
It was an XK Detect x 380 mate, decent drone at the time with gimbal and decent camera fitted. I planned to take aerial footage of my mate playing a 100lb+ catfish. On the way to where we wanted to fish on the boat I had the drone ready at the front of the boat. We set up fishing and I calibrated the drone and set it in hover to see how it was behaving and it looked fine. I then sent it up for a spin round and it shot across the river out of my control and nosedived to it's death some 30m away, much to the amusement of my 2 mates watching. I got the piss ripped out of me as you can imagine, but I was gutted losing it. I think it must have got water spray in the electrics causing it to short out.

I bought another same model without added bits as I already had them. Took it to my local park one Sunday morning and crashed it into a tree. Was my fault as I wasn't paying enough attention. One of the arms snapped clean in half and I made a repair with tightly bound electrical tape but it didn't fly true after that.

A mate of mine said he'd repair it and he did, he sent off for the body shell and fixed it good as new(so he says)But I don't have the heart to fly it mate. I guess drones are definitely not for me with the bad luck I've had.

Apologies for straying off thread title: )

I rarely have to take my trainers off when I go through security. I had to put both feet on a scanner in Baku but that’s it.

The two Berlin airports were fine recently too. Düsseldorf next! You don’t turn 40 every day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.