Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i love pep, but him not playing foden is getting stupid it is crying out for his energy, his hunger and desire and hearing pep saying he will play wednesday is not the point because its a cl game that doesnt really count for owt. Please pep play foden

I didn't want to be part of the status quo and watched a City game and fell in love with their style. I had never seen a team with such control in my life. They could score a goal when ever they wanted ! I found my team at last. Pelligrini was the manager at the time and then all of a sudden he's fired. Where was the team as far as the table when they fired him and why did they fire him?
He wasn't fired pal. Pellegrini knew he was boss only till Pep arrived. Was your head buried in a bucket of popcorn or something at the time?

Pep Guardiola on whether major changes are needed in his squad: “I like the team. We have the details, we need to do it and come back but that's a decision not by myself but the club. The club gives its opinion as well. But I don't think so. I like my players..."

"I'm trying to help them to the best form and do it. We have to try. This season we cannot rebuild the way we have the previous season - the results speak for themselves. We won, I don't know how many Premier Leagues in the last decade or 12 years..."

Pep Guardiola: “Except 15-20 minutes against Chelsea, in general I liked it. I liked how we played. I know football is scoring and not conceding and in those terms we are not good enough. But I like my team and how they play. Maybe I'm alone, but it is what it is.”

“The reality is we are 14 points [behind] for the mistakes we have done, for the quality of our opponents and especially as well the things we cannot control. That is the reality, but we have to continue..."

"We are the beginning of December and we have other competitions to play and other games to fight and improve on that. Maybe it is going to help us for the future so we need to live that as a club to be better.” #MCFC

Pep Guardiola on whether major changes are needed in his squad: “I like the team. We have the details, we need to do it and come back but that's a decision not by myself but the club. The club gives its opinion as well. But I don't think so. I like my players..."

"I'm trying to help them to the best form and do it. We have to try. This season we cannot rebuild the way we have the previous season - the results speak for themselves. We won, I don't know how many Premier Leagues in the last decade or 12 years..."

Pep Guardiola: “Except 15-20 minutes against Chelsea, in general I liked it. I liked how we played. I know football is scoring and not conceding and in those terms we are not good enough. But I like my team and how they play. Maybe I'm alone, but it is what it is.”

“The reality is we are 14 points [behind] for the mistakes we have done, for the quality of our opponents and especially as well the things we cannot control. That is the reality, but we have to continue..."

"We are the beginning of December and we have other competitions to play and other games to fight and improve on that. Maybe it is going to help us for the future so we need to live that as a club to be better.” #MCFC

I presume the reference to the " things we can't control " is the corrupt referees and VAR cheating which has badly affected the team.

Pep obviously not allowed to spell it out for fear of reprisals from the bent football authorities.

I presume the reference to the " things we can't control " is the corrupt referees and VAR cheating which has badly affected the team.

Pep obviously not allowed to spell it out for fear of reprisals from the bent football authorities.
Yep,him,players,club and fans all know what the stitch up has been,we might still not be good enough this year but only the blind can't see what is happening

Yep,him,players,club and fans all know what the stitch up has been,we might still not be good enough this year but only the blind can't see what is happening[/QUOTE

And the beneficiaries like the dippers and rags are laughing their cocks off.

Yep,him,players,club and fans all know what the stitch up has been,we might still not be good enough this year but only the blind can't see what is happening
Let’s hope all this bent behaviour doesn’t deter our owners investing heavily on new players. Just hope we don’t become like Arsenal who have loads of money but prefer not to spend it and fail to get in the top 4

That is my take on it, and I will also suggest that pep's recent statement of "That is the level we face, against Liverpool, United, Barcelona, [Real] Madrid, Juventus—they are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them."

This is a very interesting comment from Pep

VAR, Bent refs and everything else aren't going to disappear next season. We have more than enough chances in basically every game to win games despite the best efforts of the refs and that is what Pep needs to fix.

Pep has made a lot of odd decisions this year and my patience is wearing thin I have to say.

Simeone's sides don't defend the 18 yard line unless they're sitting on a multiple goal lead in a CL knock out game. Normally they press very agressively, he's used to playing almost as high a line as he does here. His time at Villarreal under Calleja also saw him play in a high line. As does his time playing for Spain and Spains u21

Also do you really think Guardiola, someone who played the exact same position, doesn't know what it takes to play in his teams there? You think he spent £65m replacing Fernandinho without considering if he had the attributes to play?

Of course the other thing is that Busquets is famously slow, and yet he was the centrepiece of Pep's Barca and shat all over every English side they ever faced.

Rodri is not the problem. The problem is David Silva no longer being able to press.
The problem is also the garbage defence behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.