Post Match Thread - United (h)

I would have thought the excuse of mental and physical exhaustion should apply to the Scousers not to us..Liverpool play with more intensity and had the high of Europe and the low of the Premier Title race. To run the excuse of our squad being drained just says to me they are either weak physically and mentally or complacency and a lack of backbone and leadership is evident if winning back to back titles does not fire you up ..

I would have thought the excuse of mental and physical exhaustion should apply to the Scousers not to us..Liverpool play with more intensity and had the high of Europe and the low of the Premier Title race. To run the excuse of our squad being drained just says to me they are either weak physically and mentally or complacency and a lack of backbone and leadership is evident if winning back to back titles does not fire you up ..

I think it may well apply much more to City. Our game was based on pressing and quick recuperation of the ball. We put together near record winning runs in both seasons. We won 198 points over the two - dropping only 30 points in two seasons, which means that if we'd dropped all 30 in one season we'd have won the PL title in about 5 seasons! We won 7 of 8 domestic competitions, playing 3 times every 7 days for most of the 2 seasons. The psychological and physical pressures were bound to take their toll. Liverpool have had nothing like that - last season out of two cups at the first hurdle and in '17-'18 25 points behind us in the league. There is nothing weak mentally or physically about our squad.

Nothing short of a fucking disgrace of a season. And I don't to hear "ah, but we were in the 3rd division 20 years ago" fuck off with that, we are now the richest club in the world with the best manager. Getting schooled by that shower of red shite at home. Fuck off

I can't say how disappointed I am, not from losing to the rags, but from reading this thread!
So many posts like this one ......and from a FANS Forum!!!!! FFS. The very word, fans aka fanatics. In truth, the fans have not been putting in a shift. Where is the atmosphere? Where's the passion to rally the lads. Non f***ing existent. The only energy, passion and commitment I can see is slagging the team on this forum.

We've had it better than any of us old guard could ever have dreamed of. I know results have been poor of late, but we got past something similar 3 seasons ago. Pep has not made much of it but Laporte has been a much bigger loss than the media will ever report. First 4 games, absolutely flying. At West Ham 5 - 0. No way that VAR robbery against Spurs would have happened now either. So up to Laporte's injury, 4 games, 4 wins, loads scored, few conceded.

No Laporte, no coincidence. To a lesser extent we've missed our stand in left backs too, especially Zinchenko but Delph and Sane's covering speed too.

Never thought I'd see the day.....keep slagging the team like this and you will become part of losing the best Manager in the world......be careful what you wish for.

I'm hoping he is Colin Bell and Paul Lake rolled into one, with the vision of a 25yr old David Silva - 's not much to ask for, is it, now it's Christmas!
We don’t even know if he’ll be as good as Gary Flitcroft yet. Some of us were saying he was going to be a future England captain when he first got into the team. We don’t half overrate our young players.

Nothing short of a fucking disgrace of a season. And I don't to hear "ah, but we were in the 3rd division 20 years ago" fuck off with that, we are now the richest club in the world with the best manager. Getting schooled by that shower of red shite at home. Fuck off
And not only that but our seasoncards cost a hell of a lot of fucking money these days. That gives us the right to be more pissed off with the club than we were in 1998.

We don’t even know if he’ll be as good as Gary Flitcroft yet. Some of us were saying he was going to be a future England captain when he first got into the team. We don’t half overrate our young players.

It's a funny old situation with Foden. If you look at the RDAHMeedya utterings they want him given minutes, particularly if he isn't quite ready and exhibits the occasional rush of youthful blood to our detriment, and on the other hand, having seen enormous potential they suggest that he should look elsewhere to get the minutes, knowing all the time that he has it in him to be one bloody good scoring midfielder of the Bell and Lake kind. Personally, I would like to see him used a little more frequently, particularly where we seem to be making little headway, as we have seen in a good few games this season - a different perspective, a different vision, a different mindset on the pitch. I agree that it is too easy to look at some seventeen or eighteen year old kid who at that level can run the show and take a match by the scruff of the neck and think they can emulate that in the cauldron of the PL. Very few do. I just hope Foden is the one that does.

It's a funny old situation with Foden. If you look at the RDAHMeedya utterings they want him given minutes, particularly if he isn't quite ready and exhibits the occasional rush of youthful blood to our detriment, and on the other hand, having seen enormous potential they suggest that he should look elsewhere to get the minutes, knowing all the time that he has it in him to be one bloody good scoring midfielder of the Bell and Lake kind. Personally, I would like to see him used a little more frequently, particularly where we seem to be making little headway, as we have seen in a good few games this season - a different perspective, a different vision, a different mindset on the pitch. I agree that it is too easy to look at some seventeen or eighteen year old kid who at that level can run the show and take a match by the scruff of the neck and think they can emulate that in the cauldron of the PL. Very few do. I just hope Foden is the one that does.
Would have liked to see him come on on sat before peps choice.

he can make great players play great football but if he’s not got the perfect 11 his teams struggle and are open to a good fuckin hiding, all I want is for him to realise that if we’re short of players to pull it off then change the way you play to win that game, if that was against Liverpool yesterday it’s fuckin embarrassing
boxers workout a game plan for each fight, golfers play each course differently, tennis players, American football and so on, they play the best way to beat a certain opposition, it’s just a good idea. Pep sets up same way v Southampton as Liverpool and United And there’s nothing genius about that. do you think without the inverted fullbacks we might have had a chance of winning yesterday with our midfield and attack doing the attacking? I do,
nobody’s perfect I’m curious to know what you feel his faults are ?
Err stubborn .

Ffs sake,we were in 4 comps till april 8th,the dippers binned both cups off whilst we won them instead,that is the worst post i have read this season and i read them all,still ken likes it so you have achieved that at least

I watched Dave closely yesterday, it was painful at times.

There was at least three occasions when De Gea had the freedom of going quick and passing straight into the centre.

It resulted in the second goal. Some people might only see the pivotal moments that lead directly to a goal?

I saw Silva standing essentially as a fucking striker without once being aware that McTominay was in acres and running right off the back of him.

Martial tucked right into midfield to stop Angelino joining up, allowing James to stay wide and rip up to shreds.

Angelino is not good enough for us but a huge liability for us is Sterling not getting back to help any of our left-backs, it's half-arsed and doesn't go with the runner or overlap.

When Laporte plays, he remedies a lot of this issue because he senses the danger and shifts across. In addition, teams are also wary of his excellent passing and ability to open up the other side of the pitch with his wand crossfield ball out to Bernardo or Mahrez.

Personally, I also don't think Kevin should ever be in the engine room, he doesn't have the fitness capacity our game puts on it.

He should play out wide, even if that means impacting Bernardo, Silva or Mahrez.

Kev must play, as must another set of legs to help Rodri, who I felt very sorry for yesterday.
Silva hasn't looked right for a while. Just as a short term fix I'm so surprised Fern hasn't' been placed in a more forward role (where he played in Ukraine) alongside Rodri, which would surely give Sterling and De Bruyne a bit more freedom.

Bernardo also looks the shadow of the player he was last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.