Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen , the man is a tactical genius and he will work it out.
But surely we must start with 11 v 11 .
At this moment , he has changed our system from the previous 3 seasons to accommodate 1 man and we are carrying him.

One thing is really staring him in the face and its needs addressing before we move forward.
Sometimes people can be too close to things to see them properly.

It was only when I split up with an ex-girlfriend of five years that I realised that it should have happened about two years before it did. I didn’t realise until we’d split up that the relationship was making me miserable and we weren’t right for each other at all. I had mates telling me that at the time but I wasn’t sure they were right and kind of wanted to see it through so that the years beforehand and work out into the relationship weren’t for nothing.

I think managers experience this with their clubs all the time. Not that they aren’t right for the club, but just can’t see things clearly when they’re so involved in something or don’t want to go back on weeks of work they’ve done on things.

Perhaps he is talking about something which those clubs benefit from , ie VAR and decisions perhaps ? Or did that not cross your mind ? I know that you prefer a negative slant on most things when posting on BM .

Unlike me, he is not able to say that certain clubs receive help from referees / VAR decisions , for fear of being fined heavily and/or receiving a ban .

No I think its message to the owners that we need better quality in a number of positions if we are to seriously progress in Europe beyond past efforts and compete with Liverpool and Leicester ( currently in the premiership ).

We have to replace ageing players who will leave us in the summer Silva already confirmed and we certainly need a leader to either amazingly step up from within or get someone like VVD from another club.

That also includes improvement from what we put out on the park now as well of course.

it also means he has to do better himself in team selection and game management.

We have to make decisions on a number of players at seasons end some will want out and find a way out and he has effectively written off our chances of catching Liverpool and depending on results coming up maybe Leicester as well and their is no shame or delusion about any thing else.

Are any sides below City at present seriously thinking and believing they can win the title this year ?

Liverpool have to lose 5 of their remaining games and we all of them for us to win the title this year neither is going to occur in sync.

Maybe Liverpool will drop 15 points from now in albeit highly unlikely especially if they give Chumps and or Europa the kyper pass but we won't get anything near 66 points from out remaining 22 games.

Time for a dose of reality and make the decisions that will place us in a stronger position next year to challenge for honours rather than false hope that for a number of reasons this squad has was it takes to compete next year Pep in charge or otherwise.

From The BBC
Pep Guardiola says Manchester City "might not be able to compete" with the best teams in Europe and have to "accept that reality".

His side lost 2-1 to local rivals Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday and trail leaders Liverpool by 14 points.

Last season, City won the domestic treble and retained the league title but have lost four games in 2019-20.

"We have to improve and accept it and move forward," said Guardiola.
"[Manchester] United have the quality to defend and the quality to attack on the counter-attack and you have to accept that," he added.

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

"Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve."

Sounds like surrender talk to me. Whether he feels it or not he should be keeping that sort of shit to himself.

I actually think he's sending a message to the board saying the current squad isn't good enough and needs new players. If he isn't he bloody well should be!

We keep saying this, both of us have done for weeks and weeks. He’s got to see it.

He could even play Rodri at centre half and get Fernandinho back in midfield if he doesn’t trust García yet.

Rodri’s second best performance for us was Palace away at centre half.

What's the point of playing Dinho at DM? This won't roll the years back. He is 34 y.o. and DM is an extremely demanding position in this team. Dinho got njured in February and hasn't played many games as a DM since then, Gundy replaced him in the last months of last season.

What are we going to achieve if we play Dinho at DM? Finish only 15 pts off the dippers instead of 20? Big deal. Rodri is the future and he has to learn the role as good as possible to be ready for next season. Playing him out of position in order to play a nearly 35 y.o. in his position would be incredibly silly.

From The BBC
Pep Guardiola says Manchester City "might not be able to compete" with the best teams in Europe and have to "accept that reality".

His side lost 2-1 to local rivals Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday and trail leaders Liverpool by 14 points.

Last season, City won the domestic treble and retained the league title but have lost four games in 2019-20.

"We have to improve and accept it and move forward," said Guardiola.
"[Manchester] United have the quality to defend and the quality to attack on the counter-attack and you have to accept that," he added.

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

"Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve."

Sounds like surrender talk to me. Whether he feels it or not he should be keeping that sort of shit to himself.

I've lost count of the number of times since he's been here that he's come out with shite like that.

If Pellers' or Mancini had said this they would have been lynched. It lets him down and shows a shocking level of arrogance and I think it says he has the belief that he is doing us a favour by designing to manage us.

The simple answer is, if he doesn't think he can get us to a level where we can compete on all fronts with the established history clubs, despite being given every conceivable advantage - far far moreso than his two predecessors - then he needs to do the honourable thing and admit it and leave way for someone who does have the bollocks to believe in hisself.

Pellers got a far far weaker city side to within one goal of a champions League final.

Pep talks the club, the players and the fans down every season before the knockout stages and then we wonder why he is a failure on Europe. I'm getting a bit tired of it to be honest.

He wasn't fired pal. Pellegrini knew he was boss only till Pep arrived. Was your head buried in a bucket of popcorn or something at the time?
I live in the States and we don't get the news like you do over there. I wasn't aware of this blog at the time. So I was just wondering why, not complaining, just wondering as to why he was let go.

I live in the States and we don't get the news like you do over there. I wasn't aware of this blog at the time. So I was just wondering why, not complaining, just wondering as to why he was let go.
Ok buddy no worries. When Pep was at Munich he gave the club his word that he would come to City when his contract was up. Many united fans in the Manchester area were convinced he would sign for them. But with Begiristain and Soriano already within the club he was never going anywhere else but City. Most on here knew he was coming here way in advance, as did Pellegrini who was only here as an interim manager..

What's the point of playing Dinho at DM? This won't roll the years back. He is 34 y.o. and DM is an extremely demanding position in this team. Dinho got njured in February and hasn't played many games as a DM since then, Gundy replaced him in the last months of last season.

What are we going to achieve if we play Dinho at DM? Finish only 15 pts off the dippers instead of 20? Big deal. Rodri is the future and he has to learn the role as good as possible to be ready for next season. Playing him out of position in order to play a nearly 35 y.o. in his position would be incredibly silly.

Completely agree. This is the perfect moment for Rodri to learn how to play in this position so he can hit the ground running next season. The league title is already over, so play Rodri in DM, play Foden in Davids position, and start using Garcia. The sooner the better. Rodri learning our style of play like Ferna has done, Laporte getting back again and hopefully with a new world class centreback colleague to his right and we will be unstoppable next season. Walker has improved a lot since we brought in Cancelo, so the right back position is also sorted. It remains to be seen if Mendy will ever get back on top, if not, we have to invest in a proper leftback. I don't trust either Zinchenko or Angelino for this position.

Pep is obviously a very intelligent man. His comments aren't literal because we've shown we can compete with those teams & won trophies in recent years to prove it.
It doesn't take much to read between the lines.
It's clearly a slight on officials, governing bodies & VAR.
The tabloids pander to the obvious & literal in everything to sell papers/clicks to the less intelligent of the public.
I'm guilty of not reading behind the lines too sometimes - we all are because we have other distractions in work, family, tiredness etc
These tools who write stories are supposed to be experts with the English language & the complexity of the written word & the meanings or symbolism behind it but most of them are hacks with little moral fibre or principles. They fold for the wage & clicks.
Pep cant say explicitly what he thinks because of the blowback. But I think as blues we need to step back & think about not what he says but why he said it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.