Anyone know the guy in the Family Stand who berates early leavers?

I appreciated fans don’t want to see fans leaving early but we really don’t know their personal circumstances.

I’m Sure some just leave to beat traffic by 5 mins but others may have valid reasons. We will never know.

I generally need to get to games 1hr before to beat the madness but need to leave 5 mins early for the same reason as I have my young child & elderly parent with me. I also have a parent with Alzheimer’s to go home too. I’m lucky I even get to games but it’s my headspace moment.

if somebody yelled at me for leaving early it may well be the end of my games full stop.

just saying some people have crazy shit to deal with so it’s not always a simple as it seems. Maybe consider this before kicking off with somebody. :-)

If we were winning 2-1 most of them would have stayed
Not true, been several games when we are 2-1 up and people leave, I really don't see the problem, why anyone is really bothered when people leave baffles me, if people stay to the end that is their choice, what if the early leavers started abusing the people who stay to the end, by the way I always stay to the final whistle, but would never abuse someone who chooses to leave early

I appreciated fans don’t want to see fans leaving early but we really don’t know their personal circumstances.

I’m Sure some just leave to beat traffic by 5 mins but others may have valid reasons. We will never know.

I generally need to get to games 1hr before to beat the madness but need to leave 5 mins early for the same reason as I have my young child & elderly parent with me. I also have a parent with Alzheimer’s to go home too. I’m lucky I even get to games but it’s my headspace moment.

if somebody yelled at me for leaving early it may well be the end of my games full stop.

just saying some people have crazy shit to deal with so it’s not always a simple as it seems. Maybe consider this before kicking off with somebody. :-)

Obviously.

People have genuine reasons. My auntie leaves early because she struggles to walk, but you aren’t telling me thousands of people all have to be somewhere at say 3pm on a Sunday ?? ( wolves I think was the game)

The same people who then stay TIL the end for the so called bigger games....

Why is it most other fans at other clubs can stay TIL the end as well??? Livepool, Chelsea for instance.

Lots of our fans go to games out of habit not because they enjoy going. Lots leave early because it’s a habit and it’s just my opinion but getting home slightly early or watching a last minute winner, isn’t a difficult decision

Some earlier posters on this thread are fucking idiots.
Obviously.

People have genuine reasons. My auntie leaves early because she struggles to walk, but you aren’t telling me thousands of people all have to be somewhere at say 3pm on a Sunday ?? ( wolves I think was the game)

Why is it most other fans at other clubs can stay TIL the end as well??? Livepool, Chelsea for instance.

Lots of our fans go to games out of habit not because they enjoy going. Lots leave early because it’s a habit and it’s just my opinion but getting home slightly early or watching a last minute winner, isn’t a difficult decision
And at what point does that become your business ?

Obviously.

And the point there is your aunty leaves early due to difficulties, fair play to her for still attending, but how would you feel if someone abused your aunty for leaving early? And by no means am I having a go here, I am merely pointing out that some people have genuine reasons to leave early

In general it annoys a lot of fans around the ground when the Family Stand empties. Football is educational because it teaches people about loyalty. That's one thing that I was really proud of with City in the 90s. We were a loyal crowd. Some of today's fans are selfish. It's not about you and your enjoyment it's about supporting your team in good times and bad.

Lots of our fans go to games out of habit not because they enjoy going

I didn't really enjoy the football for most of 80, 90's and 00's but I still went every week because it's my club. It's not just about the experience at the ground for everyone, for many of us it's a full day event. I never leave early but If I did that's not your business.

We've gone from 35,000 to 55,000 and many of these additional fans are probably not as committed or done the hard miles over the years. Still Blues but with different habits and priorities regarding football games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.