Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of those players who strike fear into the opposition just by being on the pitch. For the past two seasons the opposition have been scared to death of us because of Sane on one wing and Sterling on the other. The pace and directness to our play, with wingers going on the outside made us a formidable outfit. That has gone this season, we have Sterling on the left, always cutting in and Mahrez/Bernardo on the right who spend more time looking at our goal than theirs. It means that defences can set up narrower against us, killing the space in the middle, which then impacts on the effectiveness of Silva and KDB. Sane wasn't perfect and he had some shocking games but he is a huge loss for this side.

He could also finish under pressure too.

I agree. I said last season that if he were to leave, he would go on to bigger and better things and it would be us that were worse off, many on here disagreed. He is an incredible player and one with a higher ceiling than pretty much anyone I have seen at this club. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I believe he is treated differently by Pep. Whether or not that was to light a fire under him, I do not know but I think it has backfired completely.
Pantillimon had a higher ceiling.

For those who doubt Leroys effectiveness, take a look at the all our goals YouTube clip for last year. I was surprised at how many Leroy was involved in. We have really missed his pace and ability this year. More than I imagined. I know he didn't always start but he affects games off the bench. The sooner we can get him back in the squad the better. Hopefully he stays.

Last edited:
Don't think it's wages, it's that he's somehow dropped to 4th choice winger off the back of 2 incredible seasons. I understand this precedent, but if we're going to spend £60mil+ on a replacement who likely won't be as good, we're cutting our nose to spite our face. Wages are only a problem if they're injured, declining or angling to leave. If he's on £350k a week (which I think would make him our top earner), do you think he'd honestly sit on the bench for the next 5 years just because he's got a cushy contract? He's not Ozil or Sanchez, he's one of the brightest young players in the world and one we've massively mishandled.

Spot on. Playing it too hard with one of the biggest young players in the World was really stupid thing.

sorry but i do not agree yes has huge potential but as yet not done it on a regular basis had some amazing games but had some poor too, i will leave it to management to sort it out one way or another.

How the fuck he did not do it on regular basis? In last two PL seasons he had goal or assist each 90-95 minutes. That's pretty much same as Sterling who got his 350k peer week. What is regular basis for you?

The truth is he didn't suck Pep whenever he wanted him to suck him and he wants his players to do it all the time. I do agree Sane is bit arrogant but he had all rights to be angry with the way he was treated by Pep. He always scapegoated him by subbing him first whenever it was not going for us, he was pretty much a single player Pep was going mental with on the pitchline quite a few times... no fucking way Sane was deserving that with his performances compared to other players on the pitch.

We are by far the worse team without him, both without his goals and assists and even more important, the balance the team had when he was on the pitch. and if he leaves, we fucked it up heavily as we could have had a service of one of the most exciting (and why not that too, very marketable) world's players for next decade. It's a colossal fuck up, of the scale of Chelsea selling Salah and KDB.

Last edited:
How the fuck he did not do it on regular basis? In last two PL seasons he had goal or assist each 90-95 minutes. That's pretty much same as Sterling who got his 350k peer week. What is regular basis for you?

The truth is he didn't suck Pep whenever he wanted for him to suck him and he wants his players to do it all the time. I do agree Sane is bit arrogant but he had all rights to be angry with the way he was treated by Pep. He always scapegoated him by subbing him first whenever it was not going for us, he was pretty much a single player Pep was going mental with on the pitchline quite a few times... no fucking way Sane was deserving that with his performances compared to other players on the pitch.

We are by far the worse team without him, both without his goals and assists and even more important, the balance the team had when he is on the pitch. and if he leaves, we fucked it up heavily as we could have had a service of one of the most exciting (and why not that too, very marketable) world's players for next decade. It's a colossal fuck up, of the scale of Chelsea selling Salah and KDB.
The guy is the most naturally talented player at the football club, and a player who gets people off there seats with excitement.
Pep seems to have a problem with the guy, for whatever reason. He can probably see that he could be one of the worlds greats in the coming years but has Sane got the desire to become that player? Who knows, but I can't see him here for much longer.

He will be a huge loss, as we have already seen by his absence this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.