Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

So, we weren't predictable just several months ago when we won 15 games in a row, but suddenly we have become predictable and Guardiola of all managers can't see it but fans can? Our problems have little to do with tactics and a lot to do with injuries, tiredness after two incredible seasons, aging legends and officials.

Let us though forget all this and woman about inverted wingers.

People forget we created enough chances at Anfield against a much better team than the rags. Poor finishing, the absence of our best defender (and Ederson!) and officials stopped us, not inverted wingers and predictability. We have created far more chances than any other team in the league this season. Using inverted wingers is not a problem at all.
I agree and wonder if our injury problems are not all to do with bad luck but also the intensive training that our original total football play demands.
Perhaps the demands of Peps methods create mental burnout as well as general tiredness causing our strikers and certain defenders to be simply careless and not always world class.
One thing is certain, we need to score more goals than we concede if we want to win games.
Unlike some other sports there are no points for artistic impression or intricate patterns with the ball, like darts we have to hit the doubles and bull to win the game.

I agree and wonder if our injury problems are not all to do with bad luck but also the intensive training that our original total football play demands.
Perhaps the demands of Peps methods create mental burnout as well as general tiredness causing our strikers and certain defenders to be simply careless and not always world class.
One thing is certain, we need to score more goals than we concede if we want to win games.
Unlike some other sports there are no points for artistic impression or intricate patterns with the ball, like darts we have to hit the doubles and bull to win the game.

Think that the injuries of Sane and Laporte were mostly bad luck. But those two brilliant seasons might have tired some players mentally/physically and this could be a reason for our sloppiness in both boxes. We are not clinical enough and we concede disproportionally many goals from the attempts we concede. It was the same in 16/17 though. If we sign several players, Pep might get us back to our exceptional level from the last 2 years.

I don't know what is Stones injury problem, but three of the long standing injuries we had were not soft-tissue injuries. All three were due to impacts or tackles.

Stones and Aguero seem to pick up a lot of soft-tissue injuries but generally our record of muscle strains is not that bad compared to other clubs. It's the muscle strains that can be related to fatigue.

I don't know what is Stones injury problem, but three of the long standing injuries we had were not soft-tissue injuries. All three were due to impacts or tackles.

Stones and Aguero seem to pick up a lot of soft-tissue injuries but generally our record of muscle strains is not that bad compared to other clubs. It's the muscle strains that can be related to fatigue.
Accept that Marvin, but do you think that ligaments and bone area tissue can be subject to training for normal athletic performance but may leave them especially vulnerable to the very impacts you describe?
If nothing there to pad the impact which comes from a possibly different direction then maximum damage likely.
Perhaps the days of elastic knee bandages for protection or their modern equivalent would be of value even if they may slightly hinder performance?
We expect our players to train as athletes then subject them to impact which rugby and US football protects against.
I'm probably writing rubbish but talented valuable players are often the target of impact tackles by less capable opponents. Sometimes just getting a free kick for an illegal tackle can have more permanent consequences.

Accept that Marvin, but do you think that ligaments and bone area tissue can be subject to training for normal athletic performance but may leave them especially vulnerable to the very impacts you describe?
If nothing there to pad the impact which comes from a possibly different direction then maximum damage likely.
Perhaps the days of elastic knee bandages for protection or their modern equivalent would be of value even if they may slightly hinder performance?
We expect our players to train as athletes then subject them to impact which rugby and US football protects against.
I'm probably writing rubbish but talented valuable players are often the target of impact tackles by less capable opponents. Sometimes just getting a free kick for an illegal tackle can have more permanent consequences.
I believe that strength training can improve bone mass, and strengthen tendons. I don't know if you can improve ligament strength through training. I believe that footballers who are prone to ankle ligament injuries can train on unstable surfaces to improve nerve responses and improve all the small musculature. There are tubular supports and stuff like that you can wear to protect joints but some people frown on them because the very use of them prevents the body from protecting itself e.g., if you use an artificial support, the body does not support itself and hence you lose some training effect. Beyond that I don't know what a club can do to prevent ligament and cartilage damage. Footwear and grass type is possibly worth looking at. I don't think rugby and american football have any better a record in mitigating these types of injury problems. It would probably be useful to see what other sports do to reduce these types of injuries.

Why? Brazil are not the wonderful side they once were.

Roberto Firmino is a regular Brazilian national player, I would have him no where near our team, Danilo is the 1st choice RB but could not get regular game time for us.

Jesus is a talent for sure, is he capable of replacing Sergio in the long term, at this moment it's looking very unlikely.

That will be the Firmino who shines for the league leaders and European champions?

And the Danilo who Pep just didn’t appear to fancy even when Walker was off form?

That will be the Firmino who shines for the league leaders and European champions?

And the Danilo who Pep just didn’t appear to fancy even when Walker was off form?
Yes those two, Danilo was poor and has struggled for regular game time with us and Real, and will the same at Juve.

Would you swap Firminio for Augero, Sane or Sterling, I would not for sure.

Stone's injuries have been muscular, most of them brought on by a lack of professionalism by the player.

Likes a good drink does Johnny.

Yes those two, Danilo was poor and has struggled for regular game time with us and Real, and will the same at Juve.

Would you swap Firminio for Augero, Sane or Sterling, I would not for sure.

I wouldn’t swap him for some of my favourite Blues and he’s a different type of player from all those three anyway. That doesn’t stop him being a top drawer player.

And being left out by Pep is not always a good indication. He does have his favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.