Var debate 2019/20

If VAR hadn't been introduced, we'd have avoided all this futile debate, splitting hairs over millimetres on playbacks, blaming everyone else, and spoiling goal celebrations, looking for "contact".

I'd like to know what actual good VAR has done.

I know a lot of bad it has done.

Was it all worth it?

Where's the game I loved? (Note the past tense)

it’s not made a big difference apart from confirmed it’s bent as opposed to poor decisions.

Before VAR salad scored offside goals we get perfectly good goals disallowed & Sane flagged offside every time he flies past Terrence Trent & they ignore our claims for pens.

with VAR same shit!

Wasn't it just a "strong" challenge from Vinny, similar to VVD's "strong" challenge on Calvert-Lewin, imagine if Vinny's challenge had been in the penalty box, I think the scousers would have had a penalty awarded. It's just double standards all the way. I'd love to see a collage of video clips from Micah's "handball" in the League Cup semi-final upto Utd's "handball" decisions against us on Saturday and the tactical foul on Sterling late on in the game when he was chopped down. Run this on a loop on Skysports under the title, "Spot the difference", Or "when is a foul not a foul". Even throw in the systematic fouling carried out by certain teams on our players...I know sometimes we aren't at it and a team has outplayed us and beaten us, but as everyone on here says when you lose the game and don't have any of 4 or 5 VAR decisions either go for you or not have any explanation at the time why the decisions are what they are then you do start to lose interest in the game.
Spot on. We should have had at least one penalty on Saturday and they should have been down to ten men for the last 15 minutes. The media decide what will and what won't be shown on a loop and this decides the agenda that the powers that be follow. We know, Pep knows, the players know and I hope our owners know.

Just received the following PM from some WUM called smugred - mods do your stuff. I can't be bothered explaining to him.

Anything else you would like apart from a penalty and a red....?
New manager perhaps?
VVD?
Salah?
All other clubs playing in bare feet.?..
Just accept that your team is on the wane
Come and join us.
YNWA

Teams being fucked over by VAR ;-
Man City - owners from Abu Dhabi
Wolves - owners from China
Sheff Utd - owners from Saudi Arabia
Aston Villa - Egyptian owner

Teams gaining from VAR ;-
Man Utd - American owners
Liverpool - American owners
Spurs - UK owners

That's horseshit. We have been screwed as many times by VAR as we have benefitted.

Mate, decisions go against all teams. There’s no conspiracy set up to stop City.

Last season, Liverpool could point to a red card not given to Kompany in the biggest game of the season amongst other decisions...

I think they get it wrong a lot, and sometimes some sides go through tougher spells with decisions, but to suggest they’re acting differently to stop City winning the league is mad.
Absolutely. They could have said Liverpool's shot crossed the line too with goal line technology

Sometimes you have to put your hands up and say injuries and poor form are taking their toll

Last edited:
Absolutely. They could have said Liverpool's shot crossed the line too with goal line technology

Sometimes you have to put your hands up and say injuries a new poor form are taking their toll

Don’t put words in people’s mouths! We all accept we have been ravished by injury and are bang out of form !

Thought you were better than siding with that snidey bin dipper. The pair of you deserve each other

i can name three off the top of my head where spurs have benifitted

Of course you can, but only looking for the ones we benefitted from. Any chance you would ever look at the ones we have been screwed over!? Of course not. VAR was only introduced to world wide football to screw Man City only.

Anyway here goes..

Tyrone Ming's definite handball vs villa. No penalty given
Lacaselles foul v Newcastle. Definite penalty not given
Socrates Shove in in the back v arsenal. Definite penalty not given
Son adjudged to be a milimetre offside v Leicester dodgy angle ever. Goal disallowed and 1 min later they score and we end up losing a late goal too
Son sent off vs Everton (rescinded) played with ten men and conceded a goal.
Aurier foul on Mane falling like a tonne of bricks. Penalty given. You can decide if that's a penno
Fredrick's challenge on Son VS West Ham. Yellow only. Stonewall redcard all day long.
Penalty vs Man UTD. Minimal contact, you decide.
Freekick by Son v Burnley, player sticks his arm up. No penalty given.

Benefitted from

Lamela foul on Rodri
Laporte dodgy handball call
Vertonghen foul on Watford player no penalty
Alli no handball vs Everton
Sheff United milimetre offside goal

Sometimes you have to put your hands up and say injuries a new poor form are taking their toll

No, they couldn't. Goal line is automatic technology and thankfully doesn't have any input from bias referees.

He said he couldn't comment on specific incidents. Here are some direct quotes:

This 'spirit/intention' of the Law is where the problem lies. It becomes someone's subjective opinion, instead of an absolute. This subjectivity can be applied differently to each team, depending on some background hidden agenda.
So that letter confirms that English referees are ignoring the new offside rule and have put their own unique spin on things compared to the rest of the world which is based purely on opinions not facts. Presumably that's also why they are happy to spend three or four minutes trying to disallow a goal instead of the 30 seconds it would take for the ref to use the monitor and make the fair decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.