Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
silly money for a player, and not even city are that daft to sign him are we ??

Plenty on here ( myself included ) scoffed at Johhny fucking Evans when Pep was showing interest . In the end I think WBA priced any deal out of the window , but I watched him over the weekend and he was very good . Ok it was against Villa for context .

However Souness , who I rate as one of the best pundits, was talking about his performances for Leicester and saying what a good signing he had been for them for very little money.

So whilst supporters are quick to dismiss certain players, perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to judge .

I'll go now and await the bombardment .

Plenty on here ( myself included ) scoffed at Johhny fucking Evans when Pep was showing interest . In the end I think WBA priced any deal out of the window , but I watched him over the weekend and he was very good . Ok it was against Villa for context .

However Souness , who I rate as one of the best pundits, was talking about his performances for Leicester and saying what a good signing he had been for them for very little money.

So whilst supporters are quick to dismiss certain players, perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to judge .

No idea whether we want him or not, I'll leave that to the club. I can well imagine the posts though if he went to Chelsea and was a success.

CBB, it's a well thought out, pragmatic post...however JFE is an ex rag.

If we were going to sign an ex rag at this point in our lives, I'd want it to be a game changing 'Tevez like' signing worthy of another city centre billboard and that would piss off the rags no end.

Call me old fashioned, but good value punts on mediocre signings aren't worth it if they're ex rags, especially ex rags who learned their trade under GPC and probably laughed at his bile aimed at us.

;-)

Get him bought.

Young, athletic, pace, good defender, etc. Reminds me of a young VVD.

We cannot go into the 2nd half of the season with Fern playing centre half, and inconsistent Stones and Otemendi messing up constantly. If we do, we're f***ed, especially if La Porte has a relapse or get's injured again.

Get him bought.

Young, athletic, pace, good defender, etc. Reminds me of a young VVD.

We cannot go into the 2nd half of the season with Fern playing centre half, and inconsistent Stones and Otemendi messing up constantly. If we do, we're f***ed, especially if La Porte has a relapse or get's injured again.
He doesn't remind me of VVD at all other than his nationality and being good with his feet. He's even shorter than Walker and almost a head shorter than VVD. He's also much weaker than VVD and not the same aerial threat because of his height. Left footed like Laporte as well. If we want someone like VVD we should look at Koulibaly or Skriniar, maybe punt on Ruben Dias or Konate to become something similar.

The main questions I’d ask at this point are; Does he partner Laporte? Is he better than Laporte? Both answers IMO are no.

Being quite short for a CB means he won’t be able to partner with Ferna either meaning he’s only be viable next to Stones or whoever we sign as Otamendi’s replacement.

I’d wait until summer and see who’s available then.

What you have to remember with Ake is that he classes as Home Grown due to his time with Chelsea so if we are interested in buying in Jan it means we are not forced to sell as we have a full quota of overseas players already registered in both the PL & CL squads, where as we have room for homegrown players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.