Kalidou Koulibaly

agreed it is a lot of money. but at the end of the day we have missed out on multiple CB options because we were not prepared to pay for them

If we can afford it without breaking FFP - then we should do it
Fuck FFP - it's unenforceable. My main concern would be with being utterly ripped off by a guy who's insulted us in the past. Apart from Van Diyk i'm not aware of any centre half we've missed out on who would have improved us unless I've forgotten someone glaringly obvious ?

120 euro is pretty much dead on100m pounds.

I'd Offer £75m / €90m and see what happens.

Especially if Napoli go out of the CL tonight we might see KK try and force a move and ADL might decide he needs the money after all.

Just a minor point - I Want Liverpool to drop to Europa league...so that would require Napoli winning today :)

Koulibaly is the Liverpool killer. Everytime they play Liverpool he makes Salah and Firmino his woman. That alone should be worth something. Either way he's most likely the best CB in the world after VVD and probably even better than VVD at defending

Koulibaly is the Liverpool killer. Everytime they play Liverpool he makes Salah and Firmino his woman. That alone should be worth something. Either way he's most likely the best CB in the world after VVD and probably even better than VVD at defending
We could use a little LiVARpool kryptonite. I think this signing would send a clear message damn the price.

Our transfer strategy relies on us buying expensive, relatively young (usually under 25), established players with high growth potential. This is because we do not sell anyone of quality anywhere near their prime, therefore realising little to no value when they move on.

For that reason, it's a no to Koulibaly. A 28 year old doesn't have enough shelf life for us to throw big money at him. We're in need of tightening up our defence but we shouldn't be panicking and breaking our sttategy either.

Our transfer strategy relies on us buying expensive, relatively young (usually under 25), established players with high growth potential. This is because we do not sell anyone of quality anywhere near their prime, therefore realising little to no value when they move on.

For that reason, it's a no to Koulibaly. A 28 year old doesn't have enough shelf life for us to throw big money at him. We're in need of tightening up our defence but we shouldn't be panicking and breaking our sttategy either.
Hopefully we make exceptions for the right player.. If not we are idiots

No brainer for January if we can afford it. Would gives us a ton of needed momentum. But can't see it happening

For that reason, it's a no to Koulibaly. A 28 year old doesn't have enough shelf life for us to throw big money at him. We're in need of tightening up our defence but we shouldn't be panicking and breaking our strategy either.

The lad is a perfect athletic specimen and will easily play until he is at least 32-33 at the highest level. Long gone are they days when 30-31 is classed as "over the hill".

I keep going on about it, but is he a leader? I don't think anyone can ignore how much we miss Vinnie and his leadership, on and off the field.

Vinnie, Stam, Adams, Terry, Keane to name a few

But why have the big boys not been clamouring to sign him in the past? Is there something we don't know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.