Next possible superstar

Cole Palmer looks like he could be a pretty special player. Needs to bulk up a bit though and it will be interesting to see how he handles the eventual move up to the EDS.

He has played up front as striker, on wing and in midfield. Prefer to see him in Mid, but no harm in finding out if he can play other roles. Yes definitely a good player already stepped up a level to U23 as a sub and is Captain of u18.

Cole Palmer got a hattrick today. 12 goals in 9 games for the U18s from midfield. Looks like a great prospect

Cole Palmer got a hattrick today. 12 goals in 9 games for the U18s from midfield. Looks like a great prospect
Has played quite a few as number 9 when Delap has been out and was probably there again at Sunderland for half the game. Lovely player to watch.

In your opinion, who’s the best players in the U18s? Looks like an immensely talented group
Never that easy to just throw a name out as if that player is the best or most likely as really they are so early in their careers. BUT
Starting at the back we have Finlay Burns. Big lad brought in last year I think and he looks and plays like a center half. First reaction was he looked a bit slow but more recently that might have been wrong. Still young I think even for the 18's but has been involved with the EDS already and has really started to show quality.

Some others at the back I havent seen enough of like Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand ,Oduroh but they do look more than capable in this team. Maybe not too hard when they are such a good team and arguably the defenders are not overly tested at times. One worth a mention though is CJ Egan Riley. I have seen him play center back , right back and more recently holding midfield and he has impressed me. I think already an England regular at age group and one to watch.

Midfield I have already said I like Alex Robertson. Just seems an intelligent footballer, sees and can make passes but also can score goals. Lewis Fiorini would fit into the same bracket. I guess James McAtee is another like that as well. He has been thron into the 9 role at times but that's definitely not his best position although he can score goals.

Also here is Cole Palmer. Another who has has to fill in at number 9 and is probably best at it but really he should probably be a 10. Wonderful feet, a very good eye for a goal and a pleasure to watch. He is quite slight in build so it will be very interesting to see how ge grows,fills out and develops.

One I havent mentioned here is Ben Knight. First thoughts on him were quality. In the style of Bernado Silva but just recently he has struggled. Partly as he also has been thrown in at number 9 when he is probably the slightest of all the 3 lads pushed into that role and also quite a few times for the EDS. He hasn't pushed on as I had hoped but he has the talent I am sure and will come again.

Then the real number 9 is Delap. First impressions have been a bit of a wow. He is still young (Is he still 16?) but gets involved as if he was much older. Already looked at in the EDS he is big ( for 16) aggressive , quick ,scores goals and really looks like he can lead the line. Early season we played Liverpool. I am sure it was whichever team won would be top and we were losing at half time and he battered them second half for a great win. He was special.

Apologies to anyone I havent mentioned. I wonder what those who watch more of their games will say?

Never that easy to just throw a name out as if that player is the best or most likely as really they are so early in their careers. BUT
Starting at the back we have Finlay Burns. Big lad brought in last year I think and he looks and plays like a center half. First reaction was he looked a bit slow but more recently that might have been wrong. Still young I think even for the 18's but has been involved with the EDS already and has really started to show quality.

Some others at the back I havent seen enough of like Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand ,Oduroh but they do look more than capable in this team. Maybe not too hard when they are such a good team and arguably the defenders are not overly tested at times. One worth a mention though is CJ Egan Riley. I have seen him play center back , right back and more recently holding midfield and he has impressed me. I think already an England regular at age group and one to watch.

Midfield I have already said I like Alex Robertson. Just seems an intelligent footballer, sees and can make passes but also can score goals. Lewis Fiorini would fit into the same bracket. I guess James McAtee is another like that as well. He has been thron into the 9 role at times but that's definitely not his best position although he can score goals.

Also here is Cole Palmer. Another who has has to fill in at number 9 and is probably best at it but really he should probably be a 10. Wonderful feet, a very good eye for a goal and a pleasure to watch. He is quite slight in build so it will be very interesting to see how ge grows,fills out and develops.

One I havent mentioned here is Ben Knight. First thoughts on him were quality. In the style of Bernado Silva but just recently he has struggled. Partly as he also has been thrown in at number 9 when he is probably the slightest of all the 3 lads pushed into that role and also quite a few times for the EDS. He hasn't pushed on as I had hoped but he has the talent I am sure and will come again.

Then the real number 9 is Delap. First impressions have been a bit of a wow. He is still young (Is he still 16?) but gets involved as if he was much older. Already looked at in the EDS he is big ( for 16) aggressive , quick ,scores goals and really looks like he can lead the line. Early season we played Liverpool. I am sure it was whichever team won would be top and we were losing at half time and he battered them second half for a great win. He was special.

Apologies to anyone I havent mentioned. I wonder what those who watch more of their games will say?

Dont know what happened there. I meant to reply to Nelly Left Foot's post. Anyway talking about that Liverpool game. Sam Edozie was having a hard time in that match. Second half they brought a kid on Jamie Bynoe-Gittens on the left wing & he terrorised their right back. I think his performance was just as influential as Liam Delaps in turning it around. I think the lad is still only 15.

Dont know what happened there. I meant to reply to Nelly Left Foot's post. Anyway talking about that Liverpool game. Sam Edozie was having a hard time in that match. Second half they brought a kid on Jamie Bynoe-Gittens on the left wing & he terrorised their right back. I think his performance was just as influential as Liam Delaps in turning it around. I think the lad is still only 15.
Good point about Edozie. I think that was the first time I had seen and I was very unimpressed. Seemed to be offside all the time and the other lad did give us plenty on that side in the 2nd half. Happily Edozie has looked much better in games after that.

And of course there are some under 18's only playing EDS. Doyle , Harwood Bellis, Braaf and Rogers. Not sure of Garcia's age.

We have to remember that Foden breaking into the First XI from this age group is an exception, not the usual.

At this age and level players will be inconsistent, so a player can look great in a particular game but then be a shadow of that player in the next. What they will all have is good skills and technique and the coaches will be able to see what each of them have in their locker and try and bring that out of each player more consistently whilst adding strengths that will be required for their likely positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.