Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 games and never on the losing side. Injury plagued and several false comebacks. He needs time obviously. Some good defending yesterday as well as beginning to see that amazing delivery we know he has. Main issue for me is his mobility in sudden changes in direction. Looks like he still doesnt trust his joints...

First time he's resembled a footballer in recent weeks, had a good game for me, but he didn't have a lot of defending to do.

It was an excellent bit of defending that appeared to be the spark that lifted him, that recovery he made when he ran the full length of the pitch after his poor touch started their counter. Following that he started to look like Monaco Mendy and steadily improved as the game wore on.

Finally Mendy has a great game - like he nearly always did prior to injury.

Yes, he had one terrible control, and he had one pass that was very bad, but his overall game, was excellent. He had a number of awesome crosses into the box - some leading to goals - and he did contribute on defense.

Hopefully Mendy can return to Monico form which is why we bought him - several extended injuries have unfortunately derailed his career at City.

>> Finally Mendy has a great game - like he nearly always did prior to injury.
Totally agree.

Yet, Mendy is terrible on defense. Plus his multiple injuries seem to impact his greatest attribute... raw pace.

For me, Mendy is a clear sell as soon as possible.

Give him time, yesterday was a huge step in the right direction. We already spent too much money on fullbacks and there is no guarantee that buying another one will solve our problem.

Give him time, yesterday was a huge step in the right direction. We already spent too much money on fullbacks and there is no guarantee that buying another one will solve our problem.

The ability is there no doubt. The injury suffered will take time and the mental effect it has in terms of trusting your body to not break again is huge (i can speak from experience and i aint a athlete)

He looked like the mendy we bought so fingers crossed he continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.