Kalidou Koulibaly

Our transfer strategy relies on us buying expensive, relatively young (usually under 25), established players with high growth potential. This is because we do not sell anyone of quality anywhere near their prime, therefore realising little to no value when they move on.

For that reason, it's a no to Koulibaly. A 28 year old doesn't have enough shelf life for us to throw big money at him. We're in need of tightening up our defence but we shouldn't be panicking and breaking our sttategy either.

It would be foolish IMO for the club to have the same transfer strategy when in the last 2 years of Pep's stay here than we did in his first and second seasons.

We are no longer building a team, we have a team. They shouldn't be looking for players to come in and develop under Pep over 4 years, we should be looking for the few finishing touches who can take us to the next level or replace outgoing experienced players (Kompany, Otamendi).

Fernandinho was 28 when we signed him. Are you seriously suggesting it wouldn't be worth signing a 28 year old Fernandinho if he was on the market this summer? Or Yaya?

Pep has form for this as well, At Bayern he brought in 32 year old Alonso and 28 year old Vidal to replace big players leaving (Kroos, Schweinsteiger). He bought 28 year old David Villa to replace Henry at Barcelona.

Last edited:
It would be foolish IMO for the club to have the same transfer strategy when in the last 2 years of Pep's stay here than we did in his first and second seasons.

We are no longer building a team, we have a team. They shouldn't be looking for players to come in and develop under Pep over 4 years, we should be looking for the few finishing touches who can take us to the next level or replace outgoing experienced players (Kompany, Otamendi).

Fernandinho was 28 when we signed him. Are you seriously suggesting it wouldn't be worth signing a 28 year old Fernandinho if he was on the market this summer? Or Yaya?

Pep has form for this as well, At Bayern he brought in 32 year old Alonso and 28 year old Vidal to replace big players leaving (Kroos, Schweinsteiger). He bought 28 year old David Villa to replace Henry at Barcelona.

Exactly - if our club know they can afford the deal, just get it done.

They can afford him now after Silver lake deal. If we manage to get him this January and you can quote me on that, him and Laporte together with Dinho back as DM we will win the Champions league.

Yep. No more fucking around needed. we lost a colossus of a player and leader in Vinny when he left. Laporte/Koulibaly and then Garcia promoted

Happy days

They can afford him now after Silver lake deal. If we manage to get him this January and you can quote me on that, him and Laporte together with Dinho back as DM we will win the Champions league.

100 million is ridiculous. Won't happen at that price.

If we manage to get him this January and you can quote me on that, him and Laporte together with Dinho back as DM we will win the Champions league.

Am I missing something here? Seen a few posters saying similar, if he comes in January we will win the CL. Won't he be cup tied if he signs in January, or am I being Clarkied? It's too late/early in the morning for me to work it out.

Am I missing something here? Seen a few posters saying similar, if he comes in January we will win the CL. Won't he be cup tied if he signs in January, or am I being Clarkied? It's too late/early in the morning for me to work it out.
I heard it had changed and now I've found this: 'As has been the case for a few seasons now, each of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 hopefuls is allowed to register a maximum of three new eligible players. Unlike previous seasons, however, it no longer matters if those players have already played in the competition for another club, or for another club still in the competition'.

This was on UEFA.com

I heard it had changed and now I've found this: 'As has been the case for a few seasons now, each of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 hopefuls is allowed to register a maximum of three new eligible players. Unlike previous seasons, however, it no longer matters if those players have already played in the competition for another club, or for another club still in the competition'.

This was on UEFA.com
Cheers pal. That's a big rule change. Good for us though if we do manage to persuade a decent CH to join us in the next few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.