Dinamo Zagreb (a) post-match thread

It sounds like I’m a lot better than you.

If you think Zinchenko can be as good as Silva, Yaya, De Bruyne, Fernandinho etc in midfield then that’s up to you.

Just know that you have to be amongst the very best on the world to play in midfield for a team wanting to win the league and CL. You need to be world class or close to it.
The lad is a very high class central midfield star and fundamental component of the Ukraine National side.I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise when you study his international form.A diamond of a player and I will never forget his decision to turn down a move from City and fight for the right to play under Pep...speaks volumes of his character and appetite for a battle.

The problem is we have no decent defensive left back. Its definitely a position Pep should strengthen in the summer.

Or maybe we should just give the players weve got a chance?

Mendy is 8 games back from 2 major injuries and showing glimpses of his old self.

Angelino was in the eredivisie team of the year and by all accounts headed to PSG for 25m before we stole him away with a buy back. Hes started 6 games.

Both are trying to get settled into a side going through massive problems with a novice CB next to them and a midfield which is not pressing anymore. Both are trying to learn a role which is unlike any other in the side, they have to defend like leftbacks in a high line, attack like wingers, and in between move into central midfield.

Instead of writing these undeniably talented guys off after a couple of games in almost impossible circumstances, maybe we should just give them 6 months to show what they can do?

I was pleased to see Mendy yesterday. Hope he’ll continue like this.
Not too sure about the praise for Garcia though. I might need to see a few replays!

That was a stand out performance and we played some great football.A fucking big plus for me was Mendy ... at last.I`m not his biggest fan but last night we saw what he can do.The rest is up to him now.
Some of the passing from young Phil was like watching a younger David Silva and if Pep believes how good he really is then for fucks sake Pep give him more game time.
Overall a great team display.Well done lads.

I disagree, for the most part our CL performances haven't been great either, in a poor group. We were pretty dreadful in Italy, dreadful at home against Shaktar, and about OK at home against Zagreb. A better decision by a Zagreb forward tonight and we'd have been 2-0 down, we've played well 3 times, Shaktar A, Atalanta H, and tonight after about 20 minutes or so, but they collapsed after we equalised, so I'm not sure you can look into that too much.

We won't get through the next round imho if we continue to be so erratic, league and cup, we've been equally hot and cold for me, and we will be playing a tough team next up.

its called control ??

its a so called weaker group ?? and city have had control of the group from the start, and we have shown for the first time this season that doing enough in the groups and go again in the knockouts. you don't win the champions league in the group games, and even if you finish 2nd you can still win it, so doing just enough is the way forward to the 2nd part of the competition, city need to start to be in finals of the champions league and win the thing ?? we are good enough to win it and like it or not the club main target is being champions of europe from now on, pep's now has to deliver the champions league to this club nothing else will do, because we have nothing else to prove on the domestic side because we have won the lot

going back to your quote, have we ever looked like not going through to the knockouts and winning the group ? city have control the group and even used more rotation in europe than in the premier league this season, foden played and doyle and a couple more kids so again i say it we have controlled the first stage of the champions league for the first time

Yep, a proper fan says “he played well today so he’ll be shit next game”. That’s the fucking spirit
Why don’t you give the guy a break, he was excellent last night instead of spouting your shite about an individual you should be taking the positives from the game. If you’ve got nothing proactive to say fuck off out and stay of here your views are bullshit
I wouldn't say he was excellent but yes he did have one of his better games & just because you dont agree with my views doesn't mean I cant say what I think. It's a forum!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.