Who's into Classical Music?

In junior school in the 70s our headmaster regularly played classical records in assembly

I'd love to go back and find out which ones

Obviously we detested it and saw it as another tool of authority

My wife used to teach primary school kids and she often played Mozart, reasonably quiet, in the class. She said how amazing it was at calming everyone down and encouraged the kids to concentrate and produce really good work.

The problem with classical music is other people in the household asking "What's this shit?". Mind you they say that about ALL my music.

I had the misfortune of going to see him at the Bridgewater Hall once.
Two hours of adagio tempo droning.
It was awful.

I had the misfortune of going to see him at the Bridgewater Hall once.
Two hours of adagio tempo droning.
It was awful.

Presume you are referring to Ludovico Einaudi. I liked his Le Onde when I heard it but not felt inspired to explore more of his stuff. He certainly seems to divide opinion, some of the reviews of his concerts this year have been excoriating. Some of it looks like snobbery to me because he isn’t seen as a serious “classical” artist but if his music is a gateway to further exploration of the genre then it can’t be a bad thing.

Presume you are referring to Ludovico Einaudi. I liked his Le Onde when I heard it but not felt inspired to explore more of his stuff. He certainly seems to divide opinion, some of the reviews of his concerts this year have been excoriating. Some of it looks like snobbery to me because he isn’t seen as a serious “classical” artist but if his music is a gateway to further exploration of the genre then it can’t be a bad thing.
I qualify as a newbie on that score and listening to the Spotify playlist I am finding it pleasant but nothing amazing so far. Some of the tracks seemed to have a load of background noise even though I'm streaming in high quality (think my £20 bluetooth speaker needs upgrading for classical music, lol). Nice for background ambience.

Like all music, it's about the mood you are in and I too love classical music. Not it all like I don't like all other music. But there is no doubt for me so much of it is absolutely beautiful.

I’m a fan but I think some people don’t like how he mixed with contemporary styles. Personally I like most of his work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.