Dinamo Zagreb (a) post-match thread

I think most disagree with me on this, but I'd rather have Rodri growing to become the best he is destined to be than continue on the hope that Dihno can still find his best from a few years ago constantly. I don't think he can.

In a few games here and there or over a short stretch of critical gsmes, Maybe.But over the course of a regular season? No. Not to mention in a well oiled team, Rodri is the better player.

Rodri isn't fit to wipe Fernandinho's arse but you're right, the need for him to bed in and master the role is greater than our need to play Fern there for a short term gain.

Strange team this one, at present. Which is the real City?
Didn't see one second of this match (too busy). Looked at the highlights this morning, but you can never really trust them. Just out of curiosity: how good was Phil, really? According to the OS, the papers have been waxing lyrical about him this morning (funnily enough, the OS report itself was fairly measured, describing him simply as ‘industrious’). Try to be objective. More importantly to me, actually: how good was Eric Garcia? Is this lad the real deal? Because that's where we've got a problem. We've got a wealth of riches in midfield, alas for Phil (until the end of the season).

I see there is still a hangover from the rags game for some posters even after beating Zagreb. Criticism of posters who don’t agree that certain players had a Worldy performance against Zagreb for e.g.. Some posters are just a bit cautious about praising too soon as we have seen quite a few below par performances this season. Whilst I don’t like to see criticism of players on here, the ones on this thread have been mild. People need to get a grip.

or or or, perhaps it is our best squad. who knows

Midfield and forwards from last night's team are probably better at retaining possession and keeping the ball moving than some in our usual first team. KDB, Silva and Sterling are all more high-risk/high-reward players that will create more chances but, in doing so, will also give away the ball more if not quite on top form.

One of Mendy’s best games for us, greatly helped by Foden’s influence.
If he stays fit he could be a big player for us.
Also good to see Zinchenko back on the pitch. Looked good and assured in possession and distribution. He is very versatile and looked effective in centre midfield. A proper utility player.

One of Mendy’s best games for us, greatly helped by Foden’s influence.
If he stays fit he could be a big player for us.
Also good to see Zinchenko back on the pitch. Looked good and assured in possession and distribution. He is very versatile and looked effective in centre midfield. A proper utility player.
Good utility players are few and far between. Zinch is a great asset to the team, and doesn't often get the plaudits he deserves. More than a few on her would have been happy to see him gone last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.