The price of fish.

They have snakes on a plane too.

Americans are funny.

I will look out for this plane then that does

tenor.gif

I remember late 60s fish & chips 1/4p old money 10 old pence fish 6 pence chips.Todays money that would be about 7p for fish AND chips.
We used to ask for ‘a six of chips’ ... Newton Heath mid 60s

just use the ashton canal and catch your own fish nice pike in there ??? true funny story about when i took the grandkids magnet fishing in the ashton canal, and had a right old fight with a metal deck chair somebody must have chucked in, anyway got it out and off my 400pound pulled magnet and the kids started screaming and running off, and next thing i knew a big sizes crayfish dropped out of the folded seated of the deck chair, it was the size of my hand and even i had to get my breath back and was shocked ??

any way a couple of guys fishing there in the next locks, so took it to them and they said its full of them in here and even bigger than my one ????? anybody into gumbo fish soup could make a killing freah from the ancoats canal

I remember late 60s fish & chips 1/4p old money 10 old pence fish 6 pence chips.Todays money that would be about 7p for fish AND chips.
Obviously prices rise, but seem to remember a chippy tea used to be a cheap/good value way to feed the family. Now doesn't seem to cist less than a Chinese or domino's.

just use the ashton canal and catch your own fish nice pike in there ??? true funny story about when i took the grandkids magnet fishing in the ashton canal, and had a right old fight with a metal deck chair somebody must have chucked in, anyway got it out and off my 400pound pulled magnet and the kids started screaming and running off, and next thing i knew a big sizes crayfish dropped out of the folded seated of the deck chair, it was the size of my hand and even i had to get my breath back and was shocked ??

any way a couple of guys fishing there in the next locks, so took it to them and they said its full of them in here and even bigger than my one ????? anybody into gumbo fish soup could make a killing freah from the ancoats canal
The government introduced American signal crayfish into our waterways in the 70s and they thrived decimating our own indigenous species. Waterways are full of them and they are a nuisance, albeit a tasty nuisance when cooked.

But it's best to catch them and put them in a tank of tapwater and leave them 2-3 days to detox all the nasties they may contain. Then boil them about 20 minutes and eat. Delicious in salads and curries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.