Trouble at the derby in Block 131

was that the Frankestein and fried egg fight?
I think that might have been a year or two later..first trip in 87 was under Machin and I was stood on the big terrace
The famous Frankenstein battle..I had a great view of cos for some reason I was sat in their Main stand looking to my right...a fantastic view of a terrace full of inflatables. ..Westbrom fans around me loved it.Great fun memories.

I think back to those days and if you were street wise you could avoid it. Just as well as back then as now i would lose a fight with charles hawtry.

That said i would love the old atmosphere back and would rather that than the awful sanitised middle class hordes that make up the vast majority of todays attendees. Coming to something when you get a better atmosphere at a cricket test match than a trip to the Etihad.

The violence we can do without but christ what a dull souless lot most premier league fans are these days. Fucking awful.

As in most arguments the ideal is somewhere in the middle of both sides of the argument.

Absolutely , football clubs do not have supporters , they are customers looking for a match day experience with the club looking for a maximum spend per head , no doubt we still have 20/30 thousand Old Skool support from Maine Rd., but anybody who started attending our games from the ADUG onwards are a different breed of supporter , this is not a criticism , its an evolution of football in general in this country. Pies will be replaced by prawn sandwiches and beer for Pimms, its the future :)

Absolutely , football clubs do not have supporters , they are customers looking for a match day experience with the club looking for a maximum spend per head , no doubt we still have 20/30 thousand Old Skool support from Maine Rd., but anybody who started attending our games from the ADUG onwards are a different breed of supporter , this is not a criticism , its an evolution of football in general in this country. Pies will be replaced by prawn sandwiches and beer for Pimms, its the future :)
So that means that Roy Keane was right all along!!!

Difficult one really. Maybe we need to look at the likes of Dortmund who have perhaps got as close to a balance as is possible. Never been but have heard good things about it and Bundesliga football.

Problem is much like everything in the uk its about pounds shilling and pence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.