log burners

If all your vents are open, it will eat fuel. Close the bottom completely if burning wood, (wood fuels from the air above it, whereas coal etc heats from below, needs air going through.), close the top to just a crack.

Get yourself a flue thermometer, also it sounds like your logs might be wet, they need seasoning for 12-18 months so moisture content in below 15% - otherwise your fire is just making steam and wasting energy.

Has anyone got one of these my mate swears by them , might get one . Log burner fan .
ff17cb792041a8c09ed6bccfe460170d.jpg
I have three of them, one in the sauna (wood stove) one in my work shop (wood stove) and one in the house on my propane heater, they're great! The one in the house prevents even plugging my heater into the power, I use no electric.

Where’s that mate, look cosy

Tim Martin's place in Blackpool. The Velvet Coaster on three levels with a centrum glass lift and a cracking place for an afternoon sesh. They have two log burners going around the clock and really nice to sit and watch the flames over a pint of real ale.

Overlooking the prom?

Yes mate it's opposite the Sand Castle. You can dine outdoors on level two and three with a lovely sea view. I think it's one of the nicest spoons I have ever been in and his Christmas dinner menu for £10 was really excellent. Full trimmings and you got a free drink to accompany so I went on the Devils Backbone and the wife had Tanqueray which incidentally is now included as a free tipple. Tim knows his market and the guy is an absolute genius because in the depth of a miserable windswept day it was packed with families and voters alike. If you offer good quality at an affordable price then they will come. We got talking about this and the Card Factory came into conversation. A similar model of quality/turnover at realistic prices giving Clinton's a real run for their money. The log fires are constantly topped up every 20 minutes or so and give off some excellent heat. Tram stops right across the road too. All good and you will be impressed at his set up.

I've had one for years. Best thing I ever bought. Never bought a stck of wood. Bought a few bags of coal to ration out the wood now and then but my chainsaw was my second best buy.
My best mate fits, services and cleans chimneys. Fully HETAS registered and really reasonable compared to others. Hes a nice guy, his only failing is being a rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.