Imagine Pep's team at Maine Road!

Better when it was this
80e43f2c72ca273c689acb3d3d38bd21.jpg

than when it was that temporary stand in the 1990s.
I'm on that picture in the middle somewhere.

Brilliant days, nobody would moan if you swore, kids were told what goes on a football stays at football.

My last match there wasn't the Soton game but a u18 final v Leeds a couple of days later. Ned & Micah played & in true City tradition we lost. It would have been so nice to see a trophy lifted on the last game but as I left while Leeds were walking towards the centre circle to lift the cup some superstar was playing Teenage Dirtbag through the speakers.

At least I left MR laughing.

Remember has a young lad getting into the ground early and bagging the best spot in the kippax halfway up and in front of the barrier, fooking big mistake nearly got my ribs crushed when we scored. Lesson learnt.

:-)

I'm on that picture in the middle somewhere.

Brilliant days, nobody would moan if you swore, kids were told what goes on a football stays at football.

My last match there wasn't the Soton game but a u18 final v Leeds a couple of days later. Ned & Micah played & in true City tradition we lost. It would have been so nice to see a trophy lifted on the last game but as I left while Leeds were walking towards the centre circle to lift the cup some superstar was playing Teenage Dirtbag through the speakers.

At least I left MR laughing.
Great post.I didn't even know about the u.18 final.bit miffed about that as I would have gone ..and of course we lost ,lol.Typical ...

Remember has a young lad getting into the ground early and bagging the best spot in the kippax halfway up and in front of the barrier, fooking big mistake nearly got my ribs crushed when we scored. Lesson learnt.

Was talking to another lad about how fans used to get in the ground a lot earlier years ago...I remembered the 5-1 Derby in 89..walking past the ground on my way to a friends at Rawcliffe street. .at least 90 mins before k.o. and hearing reds chanting "United United United " really loud. .quickly followed by Blues S*** S*** S***!!!
It was my 1st Derby and it was blood curling stuff..quite a difference to the quiet orderly queue to get in last Saturday.it was at that moment I fully realised what this match meant and fresh after my trip to Brentford to see us lose in the LC midweek, the nerves went up another notch...

I learned that lesson the hard way as a young teen. After that I always got a spot with the barrier just at my back. That way the crazy sods who used to sway forward couldn’t get to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.