General Videogame Thread

How much do you reckon it's going to cost?
The console? £499 plus.

MS are still to enveil Lockhart though; a leaked second console that has the same CPU, SSD, similar RAM etc. but only 4tf performance instead of 12tf. Should mean 4k 60fps games on the Series X and 1080p 60fps games on the Lockhart. Lockhart is rumoured to cost £299-£349.

Thought i'd bump this just for the sake of it tbh.

Glad you did.

Having not owned anything in the way of a console for years, but moving house soon and having space for a bit of a techy/music room, was toying with the idea of getting a PlayStation. Worth getting a 4 or hold out for the 5 whenever it lands?

Glad you did.

Having not owned anything in the way of a console for years, but moving house soon and having space for a bit of a techy/music room, was toying with the idea of getting a PlayStation. Worth getting a 4 or hold out for the 5 whenever it lands?

Well there's absolutely loads of cracking PS4 exclusives to play for a pretty good price, and you could pick one up for about £200 these days. So not bad at all. Just depends on how long you want to wait, and whether £200 is affordable, or if you'd feel like you'd rather save that money towards the likely price of between £400-£500 for the ps5. Bear in mind the PS5 will be backwards compatible, meaning you'll be able to play any older ps4 games on it too.

I'm a big, big gamer, so if I for whatever reason didn't have a PS4, personally i'd pick one up now, and then play through the likes of Spiderman, The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn etc until release of the ps5. There's also some big, big games coming out this year for the PS4 too. The Last of us 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Watchdogs 3. Probably more. As I said though, I'm a big gamer, so I know i'd play all of them between now and Christmas, so it makes sense for me.

It really depends on whether the money is reasonable for you, and if you think you'd make the most of it between now and Christmas :)

Last edited:
Well there's absolutely loads of cracking PS4 exclusives to play for a pretty good price, and you could pick one up for about £200 these days. So not bad at all. Just depends on how long you want to wait, and whether £200 is affordable, or if you'd feel like you'd rather save that money towards the likely price of between £400-£500 for the ps5. Bear in mind the PS5 will be backwards compatible, meaning you'll be able to play any older ps4 games on it too.

I'm a big, big gamer, so if I for whatever reason didn't have a PS4, personally i'd pick one up now, and then play through the likes of Spiderman, The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn etc until release of the ps5. There's also some big, big games coming out this year for the PS4 too. The Last of us 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Watchdogs 3. Probably more. As I said though, I'm a big gamer, so I know i'd play all of them between now and Christmas, so it makes sense for me.

It really depends on whether the money is reasonable for you, and if you think you'd make the most of it between now and Christmas :)

I've been desperately waiting for FF7 remake since 2005 and now it's only 2 months away I'm convinced it's going to disappoint.

Having not really played any games for years, might just get the PS4 as the cheaper (for now) option, and then see if I'm into it enough to warrant an upgraded console come Xmas. Cheers mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.