log burners

just to update,maybe the logs were to large,i cut them in half,you can ly them down on the base of the burner but you just block the vent holes so i prop them up against the sides then sort of on top of each other,works better when you have a good bed of hot ash aswell,Carbon Monoxide reading is zero and now the smoke alarm stays off (that was just the paint curring)

just to update,maybe the logs were to large,i cut them in half,you can ly them down on the base of the burner but you just block the vent holes so i prop them up against the sides then sort of on top of each other,works better when you have a good bed of hot ash aswell,Carbon Monoxide reading is zero and now the smoke alarm stays off (that was just the paint curring)
I burn fairly big diameter and length logs by simply putting smaller dia ones against them.
Alternatively split them along their drying cracks, I use a 5 kg sledge hammer splitter to do this (no money for a hydraulic one yet).
My wood is usually orange, olive and eucalyptus mixtures of trunk, branch and roots. All aged by my neighbour who delivers me a lorry load every autumn.

I burn fairly big diameter and length logs by simply putting smaller dia ones against them.
Alternatively split them along their drying cracks, I use a 5 kg sledge hammer splitter to do this (no money for a hydraulic one yet).
My wood is usually orange, olive and eucalyptus mixtures of trunk, branch and roots. All aged by my neighbour who delivers me a lorry load every autumn.

Sounds good. Don’t suppose they give off an orange, olive or eucalyptus scent when burning?

Sounds good. Don’t suppose they give off an orange, olive or eucalyptus scent when burning?
Unfortunately no aroma except for eucalyptus, smells are usually in their leaves when crushed eg lemon and orange.
Different wood textures give different burning speeds so use local campo tree replacement surplus. Sorry forgot pomegranates although usually very hard hard wood that knocks hell out of the chain sharpness.
Normally use dried caper plants or granada twigs after paper for initial ignition.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 x 8KW wood burning stoves, one installed in each of the downstairs rooms..

The heat they give off is unreal, it's freezing outside and I'm watching the darts in my shorts and t shirt and still boiling, (Where's my cold beer!)

Trouble is, it's a challenge to stay awake..

We had to get external wall vents fitted in each room to ensure the airflow is good.

The carbon monoxide alarms have not gone off to date when they're lit so there must be some oxygen in the rooms ..ha!

We've had them about 4 years now and they've been a good investment to date.

You can't beat a real fire..!

Unfortunately no aroma except for eucalyptus, smells are usually in their leaves when crushed eg lemon and orange.
Different wood textures give different burning speeds so use local campo tree replacement surplus. Sorry forgot pomegranates although usually very hard hard wood that knocks hell out of the chain sharpness.
Normally use dried caper plants or granada twigs after paper for initial ignition.
Got put in hospital tackling an almond tree once. Like fucking bell iron that wood but burns great.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 x 8KW wood burning stoves, one installed in each of the downstairs rooms..

The heat they give off is unreal, it's freezing outside and I'm watching the darts in my shorts and t shirt and still boiling, (Where's my cold beer!)

Trouble is, it's a challenge to stay awake..

We had to get external wall vents fitted in each room to ensure the airflow is good.

The carbon monoxide alarms have not gone off to date when they're lit so there must be some oxygen in the rooms ..ha!

We've had them about 4 years now and they've been a good investment to date.

You can't beat a real fire..!

Yep, external airflow source a legal requirement with stoves over 5KW these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.