The price of fish.

Have you tried the oysters they serve in those shacks on the Ebro?
Eh, where? Been on about 10 trips there and never seen any oyster shacks. Mind you I don't fish the commercial beats of Caspe and Mequinenza. It's so secluded where I fish I'm lucky to see a local melon farmer and the odd eagle soaring on the thermals amongst spectacular mountain scenery. It's my heaven on earth mate: )

Eh, where? Been on about 10 trips there and never seen any oyster shacks. Mind you I don't fish the commercial beats of Caspe and Mequinenza. It's so secluded where I fish I'm lucky to see a local melon farmer and the odd eagle soaring on the thermals amongst spectacular mountain scenery. It's my heaven on earth mate: )
Got a mate who lives about half hour away, said they sometimes go and get them

Have you tried the oysters they serve in those shacks on the Ebro?
Quite honestly having lived close by and fished it many times I wouldn't eat anything out of there. The villages along the river haven't quite caught up to European standards when it comes to effluent treatment. It's basically an open sewer, hence one reason for the size of the fish, especially the mullet which frequent the sewer outlets, these in turn encourage the cats in to feed on them, quite a sight to watch a feeding frenzy.

Quite honestly having lived close by and fished it many times I wouldn't eat anything out of there. The villages along the river haven't quite caught up to European standards when it comes to effluent treatment. It's basically an open sewer, hence one reason for the size of the fish, especially the mullet which frequent the sewer outlets, these in turn encourage the cats in to feed on them, quite a sight to watch a feeding frenzy.
Thanks for the heads up, kinda wondered about that, heading over next year....will steer clear

Thanks for the heads up, kinda wondered about that, heading over next year....will steer clear
Dont steer clear, just dont eat anything. The Moroccans foul hook mullet from the bridges, that in itself is a sight to behold when a 5lb mullets lands in front of you whilst you're stopped at the lights. .........its a fantastic river, i've even swam in it a few times and locals do it all the time......

Dont steer clear, just dont eat anything. The Moroccans foul hook mullet from the bridges, that in itself is a sight to behold when a 5lb mullets lands in front of you whilst you're stopped at the lights. .........its a fantastic river, i've even swam in it a few times and locals do it all the time......
Yup, I guess that's what I meant. Another mate down there was born and raised just south of there, I'll ask him his thoughts when I go

My mate who's a river guide has told me about the mullet feeding frenzy. Tortosa iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.