Aguero's successor?

I don't really hold with the age arguement,i hope gabby can step up and have the confidence and the belief to be a top striker who can rival the best as that is good for the club and make it a seemless handover,as it stands i can't see him being the top man unless something really shifts in him in the next 18mths,after 3 yrs of pep he really isn't showing any signs of it to me at least,i don't think the club will take the chance and we'll bring in another top striker to be safe
imo he won't need 18 months, ;) cheers

Am I right in that Joao Felix hasn't done much at Atletico Madrid so far?
He's actually been pretty good for Atletico, basically their main creative outlet, nobody in that team can score goals is their big problem.

He is quite similar to Sancho and Foden in that respect, he also doesn't get very good service... well because he is the only creative outlet lol.

his stats don't prove it's overdue, but if he thinks he has stuff to sort and can be a lot better, great for all of us.
Stats mean absolutely nothing. Performances on the pitch that count. Jesus is a very good player, you don't play for Brazil and Manchester City in your early 20's if your not.
We are asking the question , in the long term CAN be replace one of the world's greatest strikers in Augero? I see him no more that a squad player and never a long term solution.
I feel sorry for whoever replaces Augero, the guy is a legend but as a club we have to find the best solution we can, and people who talk on here of not needing another striker are simply foolish.

We are about to loose Sane, Augero is in his final run with us at the peak of his powers and Jesus, the jury is out.

We have to be in the market for a world class goalscorer this summer.

Would he choose City over Madrid all things being equal ? No probably not.

Would he chose City over Madrid for the chance to work with the greatest coach of this generation ? Possibly.
Before he signed for PSG, City made a move , he was happy to work with Pep but did not want to move to Manchester.

No one can replace Kun as he his a legend.
But his successor can become a legend by scoring the winning goal in a major cup final or last game of a season to clinch the championship - I hope that person is either Jesus or Raheem!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.